Board logo

MB customs plenum in the bin
imp paul - 21/11/09 at 08:32 AM

not to long back i had this pile of crap made for my zx12r turbo by MB CUSTOMS. as you can see its as i say not fit for a door stop. but today my good mate James made me a new 1 MASSIVE THANKS TO ALLOY RACING FABS this is how it should be done here is before pic Description
Description
here are new pics hope you lot like it i am very happy with it top job by James as normal

[Edited on 21/11/09 by imp paul]

imp paul - 21/11/09 at 08:43 AM

i could always use MB 1 as a stress toy and beat it with a big hammer haha

dogwood - 21/11/09 at 09:31 AM

Now THAT'S pretty.....

Yes I remember you post about the last one.What a piece of c**p that is.

I bet you'r chuffed as a chuffing thing.

David

scootz - 21/11/09 at 09:35 AM

Very nice!

I never saw your original thread regarding the MB one... no wonder you were raging!

imp paul - 21/11/09 at 09:37 AM

nice 1 mate yes james is a very good man and he always makes a nice job of stuff he makes as you can see and he is very very fair on price as for the door stop well like you say pile of crap haha

scootz - 21/11/09 at 09:43 AM

Does he have a website???

Is this it... LINKY

[Edited on 21/11/09 by scootz]

mad-butcher - 21/11/09 at 09:46 AM

can't understand why you never got your mate to make it in the first place, I certainly wouldn't get a builder to do a job when I've got a mate who's one

tony

imp paul - 21/11/09 at 09:48 AM

yes scot it is here is his number i would recommend him all day long lads for his work 07968 329108 five star work

imp paul - 21/11/09 at 09:51 AM

well Tony i wanted a manifold also and mb made both items and yes that 2 is **** i was fed the bull poo and payed the price never again

BenB - 21/11/09 at 10:06 AM

Wow. That first one's nasty!!!

02GF74 - 21/11/09 at 10:19 AM

maybe I should go to specsavers but they look identical to me!!!

the first is lovely and organic, not having a single striaght edge nor a single right angle, can't see the prob. myself..... guess there is no pleasing some people.

fazerruss - 21/11/09 at 10:38 AM

Did you get your money back?
If not take them both back to the Ist fella and show him what his pile of sh*te is supposed to look like!

imp paul - 21/11/09 at 10:53 AM

no i don't want to go there again he just took me imp told me 3 weeks got car back 3 months later and a pants job car also has damage here and there on paint side of things like i say never again not for me

dr-fastlane - 21/11/09 at 11:20 AM

face it, making such a piece of sh!t is also a talent

Confused but excited. - 21/11/09 at 03:25 PM

Bit of a difference what?
That first one is almost bad enough to be in an art gallery.

imp paul - 22/11/09 at 11:05 AM

yer the art of shame hahahaha lol

stumpyfella - 22/11/09 at 11:30 AM

hi paul i know you said that the plenum you had made was crap but now ive seen a picture of it..........wow i think someone wasnt paying attention at fabrication / welding college!!

imp paul - 22/11/09 at 11:44 AM

haaaaaa hay up mate hows you yes its a genuine pile of poo hows the imp ?

stumpyfella - 22/11/09 at 12:34 PM

cars comming along ok not sure wether to get the car painted wanted to test drive it first but seem to have ground to a halt ......
ps how do you post a picture by your name on the left?
cheers paul..

imp paul - 22/11/09 at 05:38 PM

give me a call and i will help you sort it mate

eddbaz - 23/11/09 at 04:20 PM

Stevie Wonder should stick to singing,I'm assuming he made the first one.

imp paul - 23/11/09 at 05:50 PM

haha

G.Man - 24/11/09 at 04:14 PM

Jeez, that first one was a PoS. Newun looks nice tho Paul.

stumpyfella - 24/11/09 at 08:03 PM

thanks for the advice paul just testing if my avatar picure has worked

motomad - 5/2/12 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by imp paul
not to long back i had this pile of crap made for my zx12r turbo by MB CUSTOMS. as you can see its as i say not fit for a door stop. but today my good mate James made me a new 1 MASSIVE THANKS TO ALLOY RACING FABS this is how it should be done here is before pic Description
Description
here are new pics hope you lot like it i am very happy with it top job by James as normal

motomad - 5/2/12 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by imp paul
Description

Hi mate ive PM'd you please can you contact me, as i need some info.cheers

loggyboy - 5/2/12 at 07:05 PM

Another 2.5 year old thread being bumped for no real reason!?

motomad - 5/2/12 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Another 2.5 year old thread being bumped for no real reason!?

In your eyes yes but not in mine, when you get stitch for about 20 grand and come across someone else whos had the same thing with the same person,i think its worth a contact! wouldnt you! or maybe not!

brookie - 6/2/12 at 04:32 PM

20k that a lot

clairetoo - 6/2/12 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by motomad
when you get stitch for about 20 grand

Just a guess , but does this shop have glass windows ?

motomad - 6/2/12 at 07:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
quote:
Originally posted by motomad
when you get stitch for about 20 grand

Just a guess , but does this shop have glass windows ?

why do you ask? sorry to ask this but im now wondering why you are asking this question, you can u2u me if its delicate!!

ReMan - 6/2/12 at 07:38 PM

delicate

[Edited on 6/2/12 by ReMan]

Studlygudfuk - 10/2/12 at 01:13 PM

As much as you have an issue with someone else's work it's kinda bad touting it on the net. You have to remember as the project manager you selected the craftsman based upon price & workmanship etc. Surely you wouldn't pay me £5000 to oil paint you a picture without seeing the quality of what to expect beforehand ?

The welding work on that new plenum is real nice but is it going to be any stronger do you think? Unless its 4mm plate if you shove 30 psi through it or have a fuel back pop it could turn into a football. Some internally welded vertical pillars to tie the top & base together would be good.

imp paul - 10/2/12 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Studlygudfuk
As much as you have an issue with someone else's work it's kinda bad touting it on the net. You have to remember as the project manager you selected the craftsman based upon price & workmanship etc. Surely you wouldn't pay me £5000 to oil paint you a picture without seeing the quality of what to expect beforehand ?

The welding work on that new plenum is real nice but is it going to be any stronger do you think? Unless its 4mm plate if you shove 30 psi through it or have a fuel back pop it could turn into a football. Some internally welded vertical pillars to tie the top & base together would be good.

As it was my car and my money and my time and to.say I was unhappy is a lite way to put it and I also don't like being ripped off . And this is a free country for freedom of speech and I do believe if it was you you would feel bitter as I do there is no more to say about this matter

MB CUSTOMS NAMED AND SHAMED

[Edited on 11/2/12 by imp paul]

motomad - 11/2/12 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Studlygudfuk

Theres a thing called trust and for putting on here! i think people need to know

[Edited on 11/2/12 by motomad]

[Edited on 11/2/12 by motomad]