Board logo

Barnett Gold Part Numbers
crafty - 12/7/11 at 12:54 PM

The Barnett website only has one part number for the various models of R1 - no reference to colours.

All the other websites I have found that sell them dont seem to reference different coloured/graded springs.

Does anyone have the part number for Barnett Gold springs for a 2005 5vy R1?

lsdweb - 12/7/11 at 02:26 PM

Sorry for the blatant cheek but I've got a set that may be of use to you - R1 Barnett clutch spring set (packet never opened) - on eBay (end time 10-Aug-11 18:38:10 BST)

Regards

Wyn

crafty - 12/7/11 at 10:02 PM

Perhaps the information I have about gold and silver springs is old info?

After a few hours of googling last night I can only find recent reference to black springs.

Wyn, yours are the same model number that's on the Barnett site..... is that the only one they do now?

mikemph - 12/7/11 at 10:08 PM

I have blacks in mine do you need the part number ?

crafty - 13/7/11 at 01:01 AM

Just had an email response from Barnett:

The heavy duty springs we typically use for the '05 R1 is #505-42-06031. We have several different springs that are gold in color so I'm not sure if people are referring to this or something else. Also, many springs have changed in color/finish in the past couple of years. Sometimes word gets around about using a certain set of springs for an application that they are not typically listed for and we're not even aware of it.

The spring set above has a slightly smaller I.D. than the OEM springs and therefore includes washers and screws with it.

Our old part number system used to start with "MT" for the springs (ex: MT-31-6). If somebody provides you with an MT-#, let me know. Many people are more familiar with the old part numbers.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

lsdweb - 13/7/11 at 06:59 AM

quote:

Wyn, yours are the same model number that's on the Barnett site..... is that the only one they do now?

They were the only ones available at the time - if you want I'll see if there's a 505 number on there?

Wyn

crafty - 13/7/11 at 07:29 AM

Thanks Wyn, but Ive ordered a set in the USA and have a friend bringing them over to me.

I'd have grabbed yours, but its the shipping to Hong Kong that always kills me.

lsdweb - 13/7/11 at 07:30 AM

Just spotted your location!