Board logo

Yamaha R1 (4C8) Wiring Test - Check my video.
TimC - 3/5/14 at 10:28 AM

Hi All,

I've got my significantly re-hashed wiring (have combined the bike loom with a CBS wiring module) to the stage where I can test 'Ignition On'.

Could anyone with experience of owning a fly-by-wire R1 engine/bike please let me know if this looks normal?
To Youtube...
Thanks,

Tim

Kev99 - 3/5/14 at 03:23 PM

Hiya Tim

I sounds the same as mine so i would say its OK

My 4C8 has been in for 3 years with no problems just remember to do the breather mods and sump baffle plate

I also kept the ex/sup servo etc intact

Kev..........

PS
if using on track i had to add an oil separator from the crank case breather to stop it breathing to much but was never a problem on the road

TimC - 3/5/14 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kev99
Hiya Tim

I sounds the same as mine so i would say its OK

My 4C8 has been in for 3 years with no problems just remember to do the breather mods and sump baffle plate

I also kept the ex/sup servo etc intact

Kev..........

PS
if using on track i had to add an oil separator from the crank case breather to stop it breathing to much but was never a problem on the road

Kev,

I was hoping you'd answer - thanks very much. That makes me very happy. I have the baffle plate fitted, the EXUP servo is still connected and the breather mods are done. I'm absolutely planning to use a separator too. What does yours look like?

Thanks again,

Tim

Kev99 - 3/5/14 at 04:03 PM

This is the one i used in the end NEW OIL BREATHER SEPERATOR PINTO CATERHAM WESTFIELD V8

Was looking for something a little nicer but didn't find anything

U using an air box or is that a base plate i can see in the video any pics would be welcome

TimC - 3/5/14 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kev99
is that a base plate i can see in the video any pics would be welcome

It's an ITG/Reverie 'trumpet tray' that's been modified with some additional carbon work by Dave at Track Developments. At the moment I'm using a standard JC50 filter but depending on noise and performance I may later upgrade to Reverie's top-section. However, it's not far off £400 even in GRP so trying to avoid it.

This one was taken today - I've just added a cable-tie base to help support the oil breather pipe.

jelly head - 4/5/14 at 08:17 AM

Yeah sounds exactly like mine as well.

TimC - 4/5/14 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jelly head
Yeah sounds exactly like mine as well.

Thanks - good to know.