Board logo

WTD - GSX-R1000/1300 Oil Takeoffs
motorcycle_mayhem - 8/6/15 at 11:23 AM

Looking for a pair of 90 degree oil cooler take-offs for the GSX-R1000/1300 family.

There must *surely* be a UK supplier of these, but so far I'm not seeing one. Plenty in the Land of the Free (e.g peterdmotorsports), but what about over here?

Has anyone acquired a pair from anywhere?

Thanks for any help guys

minitici - 8/6/15 at 12:44 PM

I just welded fittings onto the existing take-off pipes.

oil cooler pipes
oil cooler pipes

minitici - 8/6/15 at 12:51 PM

eBay Item

AN-8 weld on steel threaded male bung.

Digimon - 8/6/15 at 01:55 PM

Hi,

Torques make quite a few different motorbike oil fittings

http:// stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K/Motorbike-Oil-Control-Products-/_i.html?_fsub=4579075012&_sid=81447352&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

motorcycle_mayhem - 8/6/15 at 02:41 PM

miniciti - thanks, yep, I have acquired a couple of the steel items from Torques. Before taking the plunge and welding the existing oil cooler pipes, I wanted to get hold of a pair of the adapter blocks. I was a bit unsure of the plating on the existing pipes - nickel? Clearly, you've had no issues, which rather spurs me on a bit to simply get welding.

Digimon - thanks again, yep, Torques do the takeoff that fits the old old-cooled dinosaur unit (GSXR1100), I bought one with the above adapters. It's slightly too big, both in hole spacing and central hole size. The one I bought to try out has found a use as a turbo drain bolted to the bottom of the sump, so it hasn't been wasted.

Nearest shot so far has been Karl (Extreme Engines), he has had them, but is having hassles getting a resupply.
Must be some out there...

motorcycle_mayhem - 8/6/15 at 03:11 PM

Finally, I've found a pair from Earls (UK).

cloudy - 11/6/15 at 11:17 AM

What did they set you back?