Board logo

Locost USA BEC
andyfiggy2002 - 9/6/17 at 10:56 PM

Didn't know there was a locost USA BEC site, I do now
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=9c99d3471fe72c9fc744747cafd74378

are there any more BEC sites?

[Edited on 10/6/17 by andyfiggy2002]

Myke 2463 - 10/6/17 at 07:38 AM

Been a member since2007

kartin - 12/6/17 at 12:55 AM

I'm an expat Brit in the USA and I monitor (and occasionally post to) both. It's handy to get pointers on parts from both sides of the pond although I have to say that, even accounting for shipping, the BEC-specific parts have worked out less expensive from the UK. Discussions specific to left hand drive are one obvious aspect that I would go to the USA site for. Thanks to the excellent info on both sites I've just got my BEC on the road here in Texas!

Sam_68 - 12/6/17 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyfiggy2002
are there any more BEC sites?

If you spend a while on it, you'll find that the LocostUSA forum actually isn't very active - despite it being a huge country, Lotus Seven type cars are clearly a very minority interest over there. They're also a long way behind us, technically, and are quite conservative in their thinking.

Not BEC, specifically, but there are OzClubbies, the New Zealand Lotus 7 & Clubman Forum.

OzClubbies is my favourite - they're a friendly bunch of blokes with somegood technical knowledge, but the bureaucracy they have to deal with down there for registration makes IVA look positively trivial.