Board logo

Need to employ someone to finish fitting the replacement engine in my Radical! Recommendations needed please!
carpmart - 20/3/18 at 11:01 AM

Chaps, it’s been a while!

I posted this thread nearly a year ago. http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=208855

Nothing has changed except I just need this finally fixing so I can sell it and get it out of the garage! It’s mid swap and abandoned and I’ve completely lost interest in this genre of Car now! Anyone know someone who could finish my work and get this thing sorted?

Thanks in advance

swanny - 20/3/18 at 12:17 PM

you could try David Drew garages in Nottingham.

They are a regular garage, but they also do a lot of classics, and kits etc.

the family who own and run the garage also run a radical.

paul

TimC - 20/3/18 at 01:57 PM

Not local to you but... http://www.banwellgarage.com

SPYDER - 20/3/18 at 07:22 PM

You could try Tim Gray Motorsport in Notts.
Tim has been fettling and racing Radicals for years.

carpmart - 21/3/18 at 04:00 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!

Just to add a little more to this, I’d like someone who could work at my place, the car is in many parts at present and the work needs to really happen at my location!

Any other ideas?

JimSpencer - 21/3/18 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carpmart

Just to add a little more to this, I’d like someone who could work at my place, the car is in many parts at present and the work needs to really happen at my location!

Any other ideas?

Yeah - but you won't like it..

.. I think you've gone from 'difficult' to 'nearly impossible'.

The number of people who could re-wire the engine in the car for you is small (I can add Daytuner in Harrogate) to the small list.

But somebody who would come to you, put it back together, then diagnose what's wanted - and if the looms been messed about with most folk would probably say 'start by buying a new bespoke one' is, to put it nicely going to be really short..

If you just want it gone and want to maximise your dosh I'd suggest this:-

Wip the engine out, sell it on it's own.

Put the car back together and sell it as a rolling chassis

You'll get more for the two bits (IMHO) than you would if the engine is fitted but doesn't run.

This probably isn't what you want to hear but it'd get it gone.

carpmart - 22/3/18 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JimSpencer
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart

Any other ideas?

Yeah - but you won't like it..

.. I think you've gone from 'difficult' to 'nearly impossible'.

The number of people who could re-wire the engine in the car for you is small (I can add Daytuner in Harrogate) to the small list.

But somebody who would come to you, put it back together, then diagnose what's wanted - and if the looms been messed about with most folk would probably say 'start by buying a new bespoke one' is, to put it nicely going to be really short..

If you just want it gone and want to maximise your dosh I'd suggest this:-

Wip the engine out, sell it on it's own.

Put the car back together and sell it as a rolling chassiso

You'll get more for the two bits (IMHO) than you would if the engine is fitted but doesn't run.

This probably isn't what you want to hear but it'd get it gone.

Thanks for your post. TBH, I’ve made it sound harder than I should have done. I have installed the replacement engine and I have not touched the replacement engine loom, cdi etc, just can’t get the motor to fire, so I need someone who could help with that... the second job once fired, would be to plumb new motor loom to Radical dash! Again, because it’s the same engine, should not be too difficult. TBH, I could finish off the tidying etc after that, just lost interest a little...

swanny - 23/3/18 at 09:24 AM

i'd have a chat with a few of them, then just stick it on a trailer and go wherever seems best. it will give you lots more choice. and given where you are in this, you dont need any more hassle with it,

computid - 25/3/18 at 08:02 PM

I did offer to come and take a look, and we texted on the 19th of June, but you never got back to me...

carpmart - 25/3/18 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by computid
I did offer to come and take a look, and we texted on the 19th of June, but you never got back to me...

Yes indeed, my apologies! Is the offer still open?