Board logo

BEC High Oil Pressure
Patten - 22/4/18 at 04:39 PM

Afternoon all.

After about 30mins of spirited driving I notice the oil pressure in my R1 powered Fury can creep up to 115/120 PSI when giving it the beans which doesn’t seem right.. dodgy sensor? Or something else?

Digidash 2 life with the sender that comes with. Oil pressure pick up from the oil cooler bolt like most other 5pw engines

OliilO - 22/4/18 at 04:48 PM

I've killed a couple of ETB sensors (blade engine). I don't think the like the vibrations. My current sender has been reading high pressure for a while and i've just taken it to be the current sensor on the way out.

Of course it could be something like a blocked pick up pipe and i'll have a disaster next time i'm out, but hopefully not!

ian locostzx9rc2 - 22/4/18 at 05:27 PM

I’m guessing a faulty sensor as presssures that high I would expect it to blowing oil out ot breathers gaskets oil seals etc

Andy B - 22/4/18 at 08:14 PM

As stated the pressure sensor won’t handle the vibration if it is screwed directly into the cases - it needs to be fitted via a remote braided oil line and then mounted on to the chassis somewhere
However if the oil pressure relief valve is sticking oil pressure can rise considerably - the concern here is that those kind of pressures are capable of blowing off an oil filter which will not end well
I would replace the sensor sharpish and then if reading is still high investigate further

Ian2812 - 22/4/18 at 09:18 PM

Hi,

Read my thread. Might help you out. Seems like your sender is kaput.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=212062

Cheers,
Ian.