Board logo

R1 04-06 simplified wiring?
number-1 - 21/6/18 at 06:14 PM

Has anyone got a stripped down wiring diagram for a 04-06 R1 5VY engine? I plan to strip as much of the wiring as possible on a loom ive bought. Its a USA loom as thats what is already on the car. I was sent a 5PW diagram but need the engine to shut off without any modifications and am not too sure if theres any differences. Lights, fan etc etc are on a separate loom.

Cheers

N1

CosKev3 - 21/6/18 at 10:23 PM

I would think the 5PW loom will be way different to the 5VY.

Have you got a Haynes manual?

That's what I used when thinning my loom out.

Just remove all the coverings off the loom to start with,then cross reference the multiplugs with your engine that you need to retain,then remove all the unwanted plugs/wiring.
If you come across wires leading from plugs you need to keep going to plugs you don't need just cross reference whet they do using the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual

[Edited on 21/6/18 by CosKev3]

TimC - 22/6/18 at 06:22 AM

I assume you’ve been sent:
http://www.koracing.co.uk/R1/5PW%20Yamaha%20R1%20Wiring.pdf
?

It gave me a huge help when it came to my 4C8 wiring.

ko_racer - 22/6/18 at 07:32 AM

I made that 5PW simplified diagram when I was wiring up various R1 engines for my race car. The 5VY (and 4C8 and even 4XV) is very similar, there's just a few more sensors for the newer models. The basics are the same.

If you got any questions feel free to drop me an email directly. keith@koracing.co.uk

number-1 - 22/6/18 at 08:03 PM

Cheers for the replies lads.

Keith, i will take you up on your offer. It wont be till next week as im away with work. Top man.

TimC - 22/6/18 at 09:54 PM

Keith is a wiring megastar.

number-1 - 23/11/18 at 06:39 PM

Sorry to bring up an old post, but Keith.....ive emailed you. Ive finally admitted that i need some help