Board logo

After a bit of help with CBR1000RR clutch
AdamR20 - 26/9/18 at 08:39 AM

Morning!

Would somebody be so kind as to measure how much throw there is at the clutch actuation arm (engine end) on their car which has a (new as possible) CBR1000RR engine please? I am guessing 10-12mm but could do with something a bit more exact.

Cheers,
Adam

ArthurR - 26/9/18 at 11:34 AM

Give AB Performance a ring, if there is anything they don't know about CBR1000, it isn't worth knowing.

AdamR20 - 26/9/18 at 12:04 PM

Easier said than done, as I'm sure you know, took me over 2 weeks of calling every day last time I did manage to get to speak to Andy! If someone can spare 2 minutes in the shed / garage, it would be appreciated.

[Edited on 26/9/18 by AdamR20]

M@rk - 12/10/18 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AdamR20
Easier said than done, as I'm sure you know, took me over 2 weeks of calling every day last time I did manage to get to speak to Andy! If someone can spare 2 minutes in the shed / garage, it would be appreciated.

[Edited on 26/9/18 by AdamR20]

From my experience Andy is often down on the shop floor working on the cars, and rightly so, is probably trying not to get too distracted getting up and down answering calls. Try messaging via Facebook, give your phone number and ask him to call you back when he is free and can spare some time. One thing about Andy, he is certainly not one to make you feel like you're being rushed off the phone and is very willing to give his time to you, you just have to catch him between jobs

AdamR20 - 12/10/18 at 10:53 AM

Thanks - I know - I have spoken to him before.

It turned out faster to find a local car with an engine in and measure myself. 10mm was a good estimate.