Board logo

Cheap Hayabusa Donor
andylancaster3000 - 17/3/05 at 11:37 PM

Just found this while browsing e-bay. Looks v. cheap to me. Seems a bit of a shame to break but needs must...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9808&item=4536577006&rd=1

Andy

scoobyis2cool - 17/3/05 at 11:46 PM

Strange, it's disappeared, must have been somthing dodgy about it...

Pete

andylancaster3000 - 17/3/05 at 11:53 PM

He must have realised it was a little cheap! well if you didn't see it, it was buy it now £2000 with a top bid of £1250. It seemed to have some trick bits on it too...

Andy

JoelP - 18/3/05 at 08:29 AM

dont be fooled! hayabusas on ebay are often (50%) fraudulent listings - private bids, daft buy it nows, foreign photos etc. Even if the vendor has good feedback, its often a hijacked account. i used to report them months ago and had many removed.

same goes for jet skis.

Gripenland - 18/3/05 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
dont be fooled! hayabusas on ebay are often (50%) fraudulent listings - private bids, daft buy it nows, foreign photos etc. Even if the vendor has good feedback, its often a hijacked account. i used to report them months ago and had many removed.

same goes for jet skis.

Why do they do that?

ChrisGamlin - 18/3/05 at 10:42 AM

At a guess, so they can get you to pay for the goods (or at least a deposit) then exit stage left with your cash!

JoelP - 18/3/05 at 05:42 PM

as chris says, there is always some sneaky way to part you from your money - the auctions usually say 'post worldwide', they tell you the item is in a warehouse in holland or some such, and the item will be delivered. Blatent lash!

Russ-Turner - 19/3/05 at 09:20 AM

Hi all. Is £2,000 for a Hayabusa deemed a good price then? I don't know much about bikes but a mate of mine got banned just before Crimbo and is after £1,900 for a 1997 Fireblade, runs perfectly. From what i've read they aren't as easy as say an R1 to install in a car. All advice welcome! Thanks.

[Edited on 19/3/05 by Russ-Turner]

JoelP - 19/3/05 at 09:48 AM

£2k would be a good price for a hayabusa engine alone, never mind the rest of the bike!

blade engines are findable for under 500, so it just depends if you want the rest of the bike. IMHO, 97 is neither here nor there in terms of age - its old enough to have clocked up some miles, but not old enough to avoid needing a cat.

as for ease of install, sticking to the common engines is the best way to go - both blade and r1 are tried and tested. so long as you can find a sprocket adapter for it its ok (with some engines it will be tricky to find an adapter)