Board logo

adr 1000
whpracer - 6/10/04 at 09:17 PM

does anyone have experience with building a ADR1000 ?

ik like the car but there's little information about the car ,beside's ADR's homepage

[Edited on 12/10/04 by whpracer]

Smooth Torquer - 6/10/04 at 09:45 PM

And I can tell you that it is a very nice looking car, and all their bespoke parts are made to seemingly very high standards.
I believe they used to make parts for Hewland, when they were making F1 gearboxses.

I was there to see their IRS diff unit, for my locost, so actually have no experience of building a 1000.
But the guys at ADR were very helpful. Just give them a call, I sure they won't mind arranging a time to pop in and look about their factory.

Sam

[Edited on 6/10/04 by Smooth Torquer]

ned - 12/10/04 at 01:05 PM

I've been to their bodyshop near wokingham/brackenll a few times as they did the moulds for some modified bodywork for a racecar (we gave them a plug and they did the rest! - kevlar panels, don't ask how much).

I also saw them at the 750 summer festival a couple of years back at silverstone.

They have been working a lot rtecently on their mg (k-series) powered car, which when I last spoke had been dyno'd at 270 something bhp, similar spec to touring car engine. they have sold a few k-series chassis' which are different to the earlier bike engined chassis, they'd strengthened it and increased some of the tubes sizes i gather. they've also changed chassis manufacturer at some point due to problems/inaccuracies with an early jig or something. very nicely made stuff. i'd build one if i had the money, but then i don't and i haven't, so take the above as info only

Ned.

whpracer - 12/10/04 at 04:37 PM

this is the car i'm intrested in Rescued attachment ADR05.jpg
Rescued attachment ADR05.jpg

kb58 - 12/10/04 at 07:47 PM

Nice looking car, except for the bodywork above and behind the drivers head. I wonder why it wasn't radiused. Seems like there would be a lot of turbulence around it messing up flow to the rear wing. Of course if they did aero testing I'll politely sit down...