Board logo

Mistrale progress! (At last)
JC - 5/9/08 at 02:21 PM

I've spent a summer looking on jealously as the likes of the Warner R4 and the Tiki make rapid progress, and have been frustrated at the lack of time I have had! However I managed a few hours today and finally the Mistrale is at a stage where (if I bolted the front shocks in) it will stand on its own four wheels! Hurray!!!!!!!

Posting photos always causes me nightmares, so the updated pics are on my blog - click below to view( on the www tab!)
!!

JC

[Edited on 6/9/08 by JC]

ettore bugatti - 7/9/08 at 03:16 PM

nice update.

It reminds me of the bmw just 4/2

Fred W B - 7/9/08 at 05:56 PM

Looks good

to insert pic

Go To photo where it is hosted, right click to get properties, copy properties

on here go to new post , click "insert an image" (yellow block 7th tab from left) , paste , submit new post

job done

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 7/9/08 by Fred W B]

JC - 8/9/08 at 07:21 PM

Thanks Fred, I seem unable to even upload photos to my archive at the moment!

Ettore, I made the first model before I saw the BMW 4/2, but then borrowed the wheels from an image of the 4/2 to enhance the image on my avatar! Good spot!

FUORISERIE - 19/9/08 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JC
Thanks Fred, I seem unable to even upload photos to my archive at the moment!

Ettore, I made the first model before I saw the BMW 4/2, but then borrowed the wheels from an image of the 4/2 to enhance the image on my avatar! Good spot!

Looking good and still following your build.

Can't wait to see the finished car.....

Cheers
Italo

JoelP - 19/9/08 at 10:00 PM

ditto, its a solid approach for the chassis. Its like an atom without the benders, if you'll excuse the pun

JC - 26/10/08 at 07:16 PM

Latest update!!! Spent the afternoon sorting the front end and then finally lowered it onto its own 4 wheels for the first time! What a difference - it feels like a car instead of an interesting meccano toy now! Only downside was the first journey (3 yards backwards, pushed!) was made by my 'little helper'!!!
4 wheels 1
4 wheels 1

4 wheels 2
4 wheels 2

Doug68 - 27/10/08 at 02:00 AM

That look like a serious shed!

The car looks good, keep it coming!