Board logo

Finished Dashboard
SteveWallace - 22/2/14 at 01:46 PM

I'm now on to the final run in to IVA, so I'm doing final fits. Exhaust maker booked for three weeks time and then off to IVA. This is my finished dashboard - quite pleased with the way that its turned out. ETB gauges by they way.

finished dash 1
finished dash 1

finished dash 3
finished dash 3

finished dash 2
finished dash 2

davidimurray - 22/2/14 at 02:09 PM

Looking good.

Are you using the steering wheel horn push?if so you might need to put the horn symbol on for iva.

nick205 - 22/2/14 at 03:53 PM

Very smart! The ETB gauges always look good IMHO.

Should be on the road at exactly the right time of year too.

NeilP - 22/2/14 at 05:33 PM

That looks the absolute business Steve - great job - tax disc soon!

ashg - 22/2/14 at 05:49 PM

are you sure you have enough radius on the underside of the dashboard it looks a bit borderline, mine failed with a very similar style layout.

SteveWallace - 22/2/14 at 06:16 PM

quote:

Are you using the steering wheel horn push?if so you might need to put the horn symbol on for iva.

I'm not using the steering wheel horn push, I've installed a Savage one (you can just see it to the right of the steering wheel)

wrt the radius of the bottom of the dash, I've used 20mm radius plastic pipe, slotted and recessed into the MDF and then covered with two layers of material, so should be well over the 19mm requirement. There is a strip of plywood (about 1" cross section) glued to the back of the MDF that the pipe is screwed onto for extra strength.

dashboard edging
dashboard edging

back of dash
back of dash

Good comments though. I'll do the usual picture hungry post after the exhaust has been fitter as a pre-IVA check.