Johnmor - 6/2/06 at 11:37 AM

Getting there with assembly, hope it all works
[img][/img]

ditchlewis - 6/2/06 at 11:51 AM

have you used an adapter plate ??

if so where did you get it from??

ditch

Johnmor - 6/2/06 at 11:56 AM

Yes, I used an adapter plate for a type 9.
Took the measurements, made a MDF template and then had an alloy one made.
So far so good, as i can use the original Hyd clutch.

ditchlewis - 6/2/06 at 12:03 PM

Cool

always loved the Alfa V6, it was just a shame they were always fitted to moving piles of Iron Oxide. but at least they were stylish piles of oxide.

Ditch

James - 6/2/06 at 12:22 PM

Looks lovely!

Cheers,
James

Bluemoon - 6/2/06 at 12:38 PM

Any pics/details of the sandwitch plate?? Wondered about doing the same. What cluch and release bearing are you using??

Humbug - 6/2/06 at 12:38 PM

Nice looking engine!

DaveFJ - 6/2/06 at 01:09 PM

Damn!! just had a little accident! need to change my pants now......

Johnmor - 6/2/06 at 05:52 PM

The clutch release bearing, pressure plate and bellhousing came from an Alfa 164.
The bearing was sleeved to fit the shaft on the type 9 box, but it allows the hydraulics from the 164 to be used.I have tried it manually and it seems to work ok

I have used the friction plate from a Sierra, it is slightley smaller in diameter than the original Alfa but I hope it will hold up. The bellhousing was "trimmed" to remove the housing for the front diff.

There are some pics in my archive.

I have a second plate so i hope to transfer the dimensions to Cad but i'm not very familiar with CAD so I'll see.

If i scanned the plate into the PC would it provide an accurate image for use? Its pretty close to A4 size.
I should point out it has not been tested so fingers crossed.

Bluemoon - 8/2/06 at 05:13 PM

Thanks for the info. Just interasted as it is a possibility later down the line, I suspect others would also (scan would be fine, maybe with a ruler on there two, to give us an idea..)... How much smaller is the Serria friction plate?? I suspect you will get away with it if the is small change.

adz h - 8/2/06 at 11:30 PM

That looks like it will fit in a velocity, how many GG's does that kick out? All looks great.

Thanks

Johnmor - 10/2/06 at 07:00 PM

The engine is an all alloy 12v 3.0l V6 output is about 190bhp (depending on model and age)
About 190lbs torque

It is a very free reving engine as it has a short stroke, will easy hit 6000 without complaint.
So should be fun.