Board logo

Side Repeaters
maskell01 - 19/4/12 at 09:26 PM

Just about to fit the side repeaters, but having fun on deciding where to put them!

I have These repeaters

not too sure on the regs/angles either!

I was planning on putting them on the side of the scuttle!

Is this wise?as im loath to start popping 20mm holes in my body pannels to find they are wrong!

Cheers

Aaron

big-vee-twin - 19/4/12 at 09:30 PM

Most fit them on the front cycle wings as the rear wings obstruct the view of them from the rear.

Some put them on the rear wings.

But as I understand it on the Scuttle is an IVA fail.

L5W - 19/4/12 at 09:33 PM

I have those repeaters and fitted them to the rear arches. The IVA tester at Norwich was fine with the position, all he checked were that they were within the 2.6m distance limit from the front of the car

Lee

loggyboy - 19/4/12 at 10:08 PM

Putting them on the skuttle means rear arch blocks them for the 5degree rearward viewing angle. Putting them on the front arches means 'some' inspectors will argue that when on lock, they also cant been seen from the 5degree viewing angle. So the safest place is rear arch, then relocate to skuttle - which is IMO, the safe place to have them, as they may pass on the rear arches, but they arent in the best position for viewing from a practical point of view, ie along side some one they could end up in their blind spot.

handyandy - 19/4/12 at 10:09 PM

I have the same side repeaters & have also fitted them to my rear arches as Lee above.

chers
andy

big_wasa - 20/4/12 at 07:03 AM

As above and they are easier to wire up.

nige - 20/4/12 at 11:09 AM

heres what ive done

side repeater 1
side repeater 1

loggyboy - 20/4/12 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nige
heres what ive done

side repeater 1
side repeater 1

Superb and neat idea. Do you defo get 5 degrees past the rear arches?

nige - 20/4/12 at 12:51 PM

ive not measured it , but they can be seen from a good field of view
and are above the line of the rear arch