Board logo

IVA and oil leak....
Dave Bailey - 19/7/13 at 07:52 PM

Looks like I have developed a gearbox oil leak... Only a very slight weep dripping off the bell housing.... I'm going to wipe it.... Anyone know if his will be an issue for IVA... If I get a leak?

Dave B

britishtrident - 19/7/13 at 08:24 PM

Lower the oil level a bit if it is a type 9 the level should be about a thumb width below the filler level. Ford specified a lower level because of problems leaks.

Dave Bailey - 19/7/13 at 08:36 PM

Ok thanks......

Dave B

daveb666 - 21/7/13 at 10:00 AM

Have/had a very very minor leak on my gearbox. A drip every noe and then, was never mentioned.

rdodger - 21/7/13 at 10:09 AM

IVA manual does say that there should be no leaks.

You really don't want to wee the tester off by dripping oil on his head!

Dave Bailey - 21/7/13 at 09:29 PM

I guess this is how things go..... Just before IVA a week tomorrow my screen cracked last week and I replaced it today only for it to crack again... I am going to try and work out fixing it but if ths fails going without a screen may be my only option.... Can I just take the screen off and go completely without? Cover the wiper drives etc.....

Thanks
Dave B

[Edited on 21/7/13 by Dave Bailey]

Jimfin - 22/7/13 at 07:47 PM

Comment I got from the tester was "that's not much of a drip from a type 9".

For 2 screens to crack suggests some kind of stress which you need to investigate before going for a third! IMHO for the IVA, remove the whole screen fixing, wipers, washers, get yourself a pass and then, at you leisure work out what's happening and how to fix it.