Board logo

And another one - a Robin Hood/Mk Indy!
adampage - 6/12/16 at 11:33 AM

You know, one of those famous 'Robin Hood' cars, with all MK Indy parts. Amazing how that happens, all the Robin Hood parts fall off and are replaced with MK Indy parts......

V8 Kitcar

Not even a bargain! And 348bhp from a 'mildly tuned 3.9 RV8'? Really?

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole......

MikeRJ - 6/12/16 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adampage
Not even a bargain! And 348bhp from a 'mildly tuned 3.9 RV8'? Really?

That goes well beyond mere optimism and firmly into bullshit territory!

Matt21 - 6/12/16 at 12:01 PM

It says it started out as a mildly tuned 3.9 v8. Now it is a 5litre v8.

£12500?!?! what?!

motorcycle_mayhem - 6/12/16 at 12:02 PM

It took Kurt a while to sell the phenomenal 5 litre yellow Westfield beast, ca. 5 years ago. The usual demonstration that such cars are worth far less than the sum of the parts, and far less than most owners are realistic enough to believe.

What a possible 'ri****r' is worth, well, certainly not what this guy believes.

Might be 'wurth' more if he put the quoted power figure up still further, mentioned such things as 'awsum breaks' and how 'rare' the car is - usual Ebay drivel.

gaz_gaz - 6/12/16 at 12:04 PM

5ltr v8 apparently

[Edited on 6/12/16 by gaz_gaz]

Mr Whippy - 6/12/16 at 12:18 PM

there's not much left of that bonnet! would have looked better with side louvers

adampage - 6/12/16 at 01:03 PM

TVR didn't get 348bhp from memory, i'm sure it's possible but if you're spending that much on the engine you could at least spend some on, you know, having a legal chassis!

Toprivetguns - 6/12/16 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
there's not much left of that bonnet! would have looked better with side louvers

I've seen more material on Rab C Nesbitts vest !

r1_pete - 6/12/16 at 04:33 PM

The kit car equivalent of Triggers broom...

Andybarbet - 6/12/16 at 06:39 PM

Didn't Robin Hood sell locost chassis's ?

I know when the 2B was being sold, they also did locost type chassis because I was interested before I found Luego.

I'm not saying this is one but it could be a very remote possibility, built up & then fitted with indy bodywork ?

adampage - 7/12/16 at 08:34 AM

Well, RH might've made them, but they're definitely MK Indy wishbones, and I think the chassis is MK Indy etc.

There might be a charitable / innocent answer, could well be that it was ringed before the current owner so he's none the wiser, we'll never know.....

alfas - 25/12/16 at 04:37 PM

the car is clearly a mk-indy...where roboinhood reg-docs have been used for avoiding SVA/IVA.

its a ringer.