Board logo

Dominator Headlights
CTLeeds - 16/2/17 at 03:34 PM

Hi all,

Just interested to find out if people have successfully got through IVA with 3.5" Dominator headlights fitted to the car. Some sellers suggest they are okay whilst others say not. Don't want to buy them and then find out they're no good!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

loggyboy - 16/2/17 at 03:51 PM

People have, some havent.
Its down to QC, being cheap chinese products, some have better beam patterns than others. There is also a guide on Furore's website on how to notch the shells to angle the lens slightly and give a slight kick up as they have a US style flat beam pattern.
I have them, im gonna fit them and if they look iffy I will buy used set of better quality 5" lamps for IVA, then fit the Doms post IVA.

russbost - 16/2/17 at 04:17 PM

I passed with the first production Furore with dominators - I'd done the mod, but tester said I needn't have bothered they'd have passed on the standard beam pattern - a lot depends on individual tester, whether pleasant & helpful or bolshy mini Hitler! I believe Adam from CKC had his Mojo failed with a set, but they said they kicked to the right which the mod would have fixed.
Basically although the manufacturer describes the beam pattern as flat it's actually a very low angle "V" so if you happen to get one, or a set where tolerances have influenced that into a slight right kickup it could fail. You can see quite clearly which way the light is going just by looking at it against a wall, accurate equipment required only for actually aiming them!

Link to info re mod

Above is a link to the info re the mod, it's about 2/3 of the way down the page under the heading "Headlamps"

CTLeeds - 16/2/17 at 04:31 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Russbost, I actually have them sitting in my basket on your site! I'll go ahead and order them in the next day or two and hope that when it finally comes to test time I get a helpful inspector.

Cheers

nick205 - 16/2/17 at 04:40 PM

I SVA'd my Indy with larger Ø lights then fitted Dominators afterwards. For me the beam worked fine for driving at night - can't comment on passing IVA with them though.

russbost - 16/2/17 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CTLeeds
Thanks for the replies.

Russbost, I actually have them sitting in my basket on your site! I'll go ahead and order them in the next day or two and hope that when it finally comes to test time I get a helpful inspector.

Cheers

I don't actually run the parts side of things anymore, purely the cars (kits), but if you contact Oliver at Furore Products direct & tell him you're from LCB he'll give you 5% off if you deal direct rather than thro' Ebay or website. Email is furoreproducts@hotmail.com or 07905 879407

CTLeeds - 16/2/17 at 07:28 PM

Thanks very much!