Board logo

IVA fee increased by 125% FOR CLASS L
stig mills - 6/6/17 at 03:47 PM

Just a word of warning to those that may not be aware.
A new IVA application form is now online. It has been amended and question 3D now asks if any used parts are fitted to the vehicle. Often kit cars use used parts and even those to be registered as new are allowed one recon part.
The use of any used parts now attracts a fee of £450 instead of the low volume fee of £199, an increase of 125% .
This creates an inconsistency with the registration process which allows one recon part i.e and engine.

The fee for taking a customer built car for IVA on his behalf now attracts a full £450 too as 3D also asks if anyone NOT involved in the business of building cars has built part or all of the vehicle in question.

Interestingly the guidance notes for IVA which were released as recently as April 2017 do not contain info re Q 3D, so you may get caught out.

The online form has errors too. Question 7 relates to questions that are numbered starting with a 6.
The web address on the form contains an extra dot at the end which makes the address incorrect.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but better for warned.

An email I received today from VOSA who are now not VOSA but in fact the DVSA, (Technical Application System) TAS states it takes longer to test vehicles with used parts. Not sure I agree, if emissions/brakes are tested and fail it takes the same time to determine even if rusty discs or a wheezing engine is being tested.

The email also states that if a vehicle could be classed as both class C and L then the fee for C which is £450 will be charged.

If you google VOSA it states that it is closed and replaced with DVSA but the IVA form states VOSA

I can copy that email here if anyone is interested.

loggyboy - 6/6/17 at 03:55 PM

Class L doesnt effect one off/DIY kit builders. Only low volume builders, ie businesses.