Board logo

Help choosing IVA test center
David_17 - 7/1/19 at 05:30 PM

Hi again.

My build is about done, so I'm after a bit of up to date advice about which IVA test centre to apply for in the north.

I took my first IVA in Beverley (which was the most recommended at the time), but that was around 8 years ago. My options are Beverley again, Scarborough or Newcastle?

Any recommended fair testers and any to avoid?

Anyone have any recent experience?

Cheers

Dave

jollygreengiant - 7/1/19 at 06:21 PM

First of all, get rid of the stickers on the tyres. Legally they constitute a bald spot on the tyres and are an MOT fail, let alone IVA.

David_17 - 7/1/19 at 06:28 PM

Haha the stickers are already off, and a few other iva bits and bobs done since taking the pic. Thanks tho lol

jacko - 7/1/19 at 06:43 PM

It depends on where you live to which place you go
You say you had your first IVA at Beverley did you not like it there ? if you did why not go back ?
Jacko

David_17 - 7/1/19 at 06:47 PM

Beverley was fine and I was planning on going back there. Newcastle is a bit closer but there was a few bad reports at the time about there.

Edwardo - 7/1/19 at 07:06 PM

Can't help on the test center I'm afraid - but I just wanted to say your car looks superb - really nice job!

big_wasa - 7/1/19 at 07:16 PM

Yep a very nice motor, I’ve always fancied a Rocket and was waiting for the mk2.

I’ve only experienced Nottingham test center. Was a good day out.

David_17 - 7/1/19 at 07:36 PM

Thanks guys. Really pleased with how it's turned out.

perksy - 7/1/19 at 07:45 PM

Looks a very nice build
Well done

You might get your original question answered in a minute

moto1kev - 7/1/19 at 07:59 PM

I'm from Hull so local to Beverly, they had no issue with my EXOBUSA last March

PS, hope you've raised the headlights for the IVA

David_17 - 7/1/19 at 08:07 PM

Think I'll stick with Beverley then

I'll get some detailed iva pics up asap. Yep lights are lifted.

FamilyGuy - 7/1/19 at 08:48 PM

What bad things have been reported about newcastle? I'm hoping to put my exotech through IVA this year. Newcastle is a 45 min drive and beverly is ~2hr drive as I live in Durham.

neilp1 - 8/1/19 at 10:03 AM

Nice car
I used Newcastle in 2014 and found them spot on. Very helpful and fair. If/when I build another it will be going there.

big-vee-twin - 8/1/19 at 10:21 PM

Beverley is good

David_17 - 8/1/19 at 10:24 PM

I can't remember what was said about Newcastle at the time, but heard nothing but good things about Beverley.