Board logo

Shock eye to small ??
Hopley89 - 30/12/12 at 12:46 PM

Iv just got some shocks and the eye on the top and bottom are a lot smaller than the surspention brackets that I'm going to fit to the chassis would it fail the Iva if I cut up the bracket re weld it an put it on
I can't upload photos as I don't no how to
If you want to see photos I can email to anyone
Dan

mookaloid - 30/12/12 at 01:10 PM

most people just pack the gap with washers.

you can upload photos to your archive by clicking on 'photo archive' above then using the 'choose file' and 'upload' buttons.

grassracer - 30/12/12 at 01:10 PM

Are the shocks rose jointed or rubber bushes
If they are rose jointed you will need to fit sidespacers to allow the rosejoint to function, this will take up a bit of space either side, you might need a washer or two to complete the job.
Be aware also that most rosejointed shocks take a 1/2in unf bolt rather than a 12mm one, you may need to open the holes out slightly in your chassis/wishbone mounts

mark chandler - 30/12/12 at 01:23 PM

Get the correct thing from here

http://www.mcgillmotorsports.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=30

Hopley89 - 30/12/12 at 02:05 PM

Yea thay are rose joints ones there is a massive gap tho .. Ill upload photo now to show you
I didn't want to finish an take it to Iva an bloke says what's with 10 washers over side for ??
Dan

mookaloid - 30/12/12 at 02:08 PM

Washers in that situation are perfectly acceptable for IVA I would think

Hopley89 - 30/12/12 at 02:10 PM

There is a 10mm gap iver side
Ill try with washers now and see how it looks an feel

Hopley89 - 30/12/12 at 04:43 PM

Iv tried it
It looks ok also looks crap I'm sure there is a better way of doing it . Cut the brackets down abit reweld so I can put a couple of washers in it instead of 20
Dan

AdrianH - 30/12/12 at 06:10 PM

Could you not cut down/turn off some crush tubes?

Adrian