Board logo

witch shocks are good ?
whpracer - 3/10/04 at 09:41 PM

am , just starting of making my one 7 look a like chassis , but i stil don't no witch shocks i should buy . does anyone has any suggestions ?
i looked at SPAX, AVO , GAZ , but they have al the same adjustments and generaly the same price .

maybe some of you has experince between different type of shocks

JoelP - 3/10/04 at 10:29 PM

the absolute cheapest are zeemerides, as far as i know. These are available from lolocost. Next up is the shocks supplied by darren at GTS. these are designed around an average 7 replica, so will suit most cars. the ride height is adjustable, but the dampers are not. the damper are set up for the springs they come with, so if you change the springs the dampers cant be adjusted to match. Not the end of the world if you leave them with the standard springs. Darren charges £220 i think.

above these two are the fully adjustable ones, basically you pay more to get them adjustable.

I am using darrens shocks, they have worked well for me so far.

dozracing - 4/10/04 at 04:32 AM

GTS shocks are available from stock now. Buy online at www.gtstuning.co.uk

blueshift - 5/10/04 at 12:15 AM

I'm another happy GTS customer.

I'll be even happier when the rest of our order turns up..

jimgiblett - 5/10/04 at 12:15 PM

Alot of the BEC guys are raving about how good the new ali protech shocks are. And if I was to build again I would certainly consider them. My Avo shocks are working well but not that lightweight being steel bodied.

One point to remember is that a bike engined car will be significantly lighter than a car engined equivalent and the shocks and springs should be chosen accordingly.

My 2p worth

Cheers

Jim

the x man - 8/10/04 at 07:10 PM

www.icondevs.co.uk do a nice line of stuff for kits.. try them...