Board logo

Sierra 7" diff 3.14 ratio
russbost - 7/10/21 at 11:26 AM

I don't tend to follow diff discussions much as having chain drive I can change my ratio by swapping drive or driven gear, but I recall discussion about tall diff ratios being super expensive or like rocking horse poo

Is this just for the 7.5" Sierra diff or does that go for the 7" as well?

Reason I ask is that I know of some brand new 3.14 ratio 7" gearsets available, if likely to be of interest drop me a u2u or email

CosKev3 - 7/10/21 at 03:10 PM

3.14 in a 7 inch are rare.

I would give MK a call,they might take them all off you as they are ideal for Busa powered cars

Benzine - 7/10/21 at 09:30 PM

I recently sold a 7" pi diff for £100. Very little interest, made me wonder if the bottom has fallen out of the Sierra running gear market?

Would love another pi diff gearset though, I had to sell mine as I needed the cash at the time

bi22le - 7/10/21 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
I recently sold a 7" pi diff for £100. Very little interest, made me wonder if the bottom has fallen out of the Sierra running gear market?

Would love another pi diff gearset though, I had to sell mine as I needed the cash at the time

Bad tonight I would say, these are the target did for BECs and send to normally demand decent money, even if it is open and not LSD.

MikeR - 8/10/21 at 09:22 AM

Took me a moment to grasp pi diff 😁

ReMan - 9/10/21 at 10:09 AM

Yes the 3.14 was the pinnacle of Sierra diff ownership.
I/ve seen them up to £600 completely built with lsd.

But I'd agree the market is moving away from sierra stuff, but that said there so much out there they'll be around some time yet.

Current rate seems to be about £150-200 for an open 3.14 in used condition.
I know as i bought one as they were falling in price, just for a spare ;-) so keep an eye on what they are selling for
Again Busa's seem to be a bit out of the spotlight too, or is it just BEC builds in general?

russbost - 29/10/21 at 05:35 PM

Just to keep you updated on this, I'm just off on hols for a week & will be getting the gearsets on my return.

Price is firrn at £300 for the CW & P set & £65 for bearing & seal set, plus shipping. They are manufactured by a Spanish firm, Grupos Diferencials.
Don't need any funds or firm commitment until after next week, but if anyone interested can give me some idea that would be helpful

Cheers Russ