Board logo

Dax CC and Anti Roll system v's rollbars?
Delinquent - 6/10/07 at 11:15 AM

Does this system work well - is it worth the extra linkages, weight and, well faffing? In my suspension quest I was having a play around with something similar in CAD, and it certainly seems to make sense - full bump, droop & 4 deg roll give no more than 80 minutes change in camber - but so far about the only thing I've learnt for certain about suspension is that what looks pretty in CAD may be about as much use as a chocolate Teapot when it comes to the track...

The only thing I'm left wondering is can it REALLY prevent body roll, or does it just keep the wheels upright while the body rolls all over the shop?

Reason for looking at it is the one downside of the Citroen suspension is a high roll rate - which means either going stupidly stiff on ARB's or looking at Active systems (so that'll be stupidly stiff ARB's then...)

worX - 6/10/07 at 11:26 AM

As far as I know it does NOT prevent body roll, and merely ensures that the wheel stays upright through cornering...

Steve

dano - 6/10/07 at 05:34 PM

Duncan Cowper's success has proved how good it is.
although people have said they only really notice the difference on the track when your really going for it.

probally doesnt effect body roll just grip