Board logo

Remote master cylinder solution
mongrelwestie - 20/10/07 at 02:15 PM

if you have a ford master cylinder and you need to make it have a remote resivour, i found these down the scrap yard off a fiat punto. perfect solution!

StevieB - 20/10/07 at 04:44 PM

Does anyone know the technical term for these parts - then I'll try and get some from a Fiat dealer.

dan__wright - 20/10/07 at 06:15 PM

nice find, what year punto was it?

stevie, please let me know how you get on, im in same situation as you and want to get brakes tested asap

mongrelwestie - 21/10/07 at 07:44 AM

the punto was this shape not sure about the engine size as it had no engine in it but it had a remote master cylinder resivour and i found 2 in the scrap yard so not that hard to find. and ive bleed the breaks out now and they seem great but make sure you get proper brake fluid hose or you will fail SVA.

dan__wright - 22/10/07 at 11:44 AM

got my self down to local fiat dealers at the weekend, parts down do weekend, went in on my lunch today - cant look anything up without a vin or reg no - no worries, my GF had a punto until last week, cant remember reg but il phone her - she left her phone at home.

a bit pissed i left and went to get lunch from tescos, what do i see parked in front of me, a v reg punto nabbed the reg and went back to fiat after i got my lunch, i now have two of the adaptors on the way (about 3 days)

will let you know part no's once they get here.

[Edited on 22/10/07 by dan__wright]

dan__wright - 23/10/07 at 12:53 PM

just picked them up, 156 + vat each so 3.67 in total, fiat part number is 7784030 description is connector

StevieB - 23/10/07 at 02:15 PM

Good effort - I'll see what I can get out of my local Fiat dealer this weekend

Vindi_andy - 23/10/07 at 02:42 PM

spot on guys have the remote reservoir from europa (ouch) but need these to connect to the master cylinder like all you so I will be trying to find my local fiat dealer or failing that a visit to parkers for a pattern equivalent

dan__wright - 23/10/07 at 02:55 PM

im only a few mins from a fiat dealer so if any of you struggle let me know and im sure i could sort something out.

mongrelwestie - 23/10/07 at 06:56 PM

i have a spare set in my garge witch i picked up from the scrap dealer, u2u me if you want them, first come first serve no charge

Vindi_andy - 13/11/07 at 03:36 PM

I had the connectors off westie but they wont fit the hole in y master cylinder they are too big they wont push into the rubber grommit

MikeR - 13/11/07 at 03:43 PM

Anyone know if they'll fit a girling master cylinder? If so i'll have a pair

dan__wright - 13/11/07 at 04:16 PM

tried them in both a girling and a bendix and fine in both, i didnt use them in the end though as i didnt have enough space anywhere for a reservoir, managed to get a sierra one

MKMike - 2/3/08 at 12:34 PM

I ordered the parts as per the part number and they will not fit my master cylinder, they are smaller than the ones in the picture. Has anyone had this problem?