Board logo

Tunnel Trim Fixing??
Dick Axtell - 18/8/11 at 02:57 PM

FAO all those who have successfully fitted the ally trim to their trans-tunnel top.

What did you use to fix the trim? I've seen a couple of examples where dome-headed screws were used, (I'd prefer c/sunk, for lower profile). I reckon some other examples were "glued" on, as there were no mechanical fixings showing.

Please, which is recommended?

Daddylonglegs - 18/8/11 at 03:09 PM

I shall watch this with interest. That is one of the last jobs I have to do, and I did think of using those trim clips that are used for interior trim panels on most cars but not sure if they would be good enough.

JB

ReMan - 18/8/11 at 03:11 PM

I screwed as mentioned with ss flanged caps
Description
Description

Yorkie - 18/8/11 at 04:22 PM

Fitted mine through the side with 4mm countersunk pins.

karlak - 18/8/11 at 04:37 PM

Where are you guys getting your "ally" trim from ?

Dick Axtell - 18/8/11 at 04:45 PM

Thanks for the illustrations, (ReMan & Yorkie), that's very useful.

StevieB - 18/8/11 at 05:17 PM

I trimmed the whole top panel with textured vinyl and used velcro (with strong adhesive) to fix it to the tunnel top.

myke pocock - 18/8/11 at 07:08 PM

Mine was done in a different way. Alloy covered with vinyl for the top, screwed on using raised head stainless steel screws and stainless steel screw cups going into nutserts in the tube. The side panels of the tunnel are expanded PVC (I think) as used by signmakers for temporary signs again screwed on. This is about 5 mm thick and available in 8' x 4' sheets.