Board logo

Metal fabrication - Solihull
Fieldy - 1/9/14 at 12:40 PM

Afternoon

I’m after a little help if possible, I’m based in Solihull and currently need to redo the inside of my MK.

What I need help with is the center (around gear lever / handbrake ect) I would ideally like someone to help me fabricate something out of metal that I can wrap in carbon sheeting. Ive tried to upload some pics of what i mean but i can get it to work but think flat sheet bent at 90 degrees over the edges and about an inch of metal down the sides, unfortunately my gear lever is set quite high so additional fabrication would be needed around this. I can email or txt pictures to anyone that can help.

I have no tools or skills in sheet metal, happy to pay for someone’s time and help.

Anyone local that could / would be interested in helping?

Cheers
Matt

[Edited on 1/9/14 by Fieldy]

johnnybizzle1986 - 2/9/14 at 11:55 AM

Hi Matt,

I'm not exactly local (Sheffield), but would be happy to help, if you can email me a sketch with some dimensions of what you are after I can knock something up for you, or if your up my way anytime, stop off at mine and we can have a look.

Let me know

Regards Jon

Fieldy - 3/9/14 at 09:17 AM

Hi Jon

Thanks for the reply, I’ve had a u2u from someone that’s near to me that I think maybe able to help, I’m going to send some pictures over to him tonight but I will also send them to you too. What’s your email address Jon?

Cheers
Matt