Board logo

what part do I want...
killerferret666 - 25/10/16 at 11:33 AM

This forum is very good at this!

I want to make a curved (but oval shape) that sits over the top of the dials. So far I have a poorly constructed bit out of fibreglass and filler, but want to cut that out and epoxy a piece on. thats perfectly round and a good shape.

At first I thought a plastic food mixing bowl cut in half, but that sits up too high. So I'm after something more oval, minimum 30cm diameter.

the pic below shows the bit I want to replace on the dashboard on the right. Any ideas on what I could use?

[Edited on 25/10/16 by killerferret666]

Slimy38 - 25/10/16 at 11:44 AM

My first thought would be an actual dial cover, I have one from my donor MX5 that I plan on using/butchering. This;

MX5 Mk2 / 2.5 Dash Binnacle / dials Surround / Cover

killerferret666 - 25/10/16 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
My first thought would be an actual dial cover, I have one from my donor MX5 that I plan on using/butchering. This;

Would you be able to confirm the width of it towards the top of the piece, 'ensure from the inside.

You are right a dashpiece is probably best, just hard to know which one will fit.

gremlin1234 - 25/10/16 at 01:07 PM

how about an oval plastic waist bin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avery-DR500BLK-DTR-Waste-Removable/dp/B000J6BLSK

40inches - 25/10/16 at 02:36 PM

I used a Micra dash top, but only used the front section.
Description
Description
Description
Description

[Edited on 25-10-16 by 40inches]

Slimy38 - 25/10/16 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by killerferret666
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38

Would you be able to confirm the width of it towards the top of the piece, 'ensure from the inside.

You are right a dashpiece is probably best, just hard to know which one will fit.

I'm working away at the moment, I can measure on the weekend if you've not resolved the issue before then?