Board logo

Help with seats....
falcor75 - 9/12/19 at 05:32 PM

I'm looking for a seat that will fit a Haynes roadster (max width 450 mm), relatively low back and removeable headrests.
Any ideas where to look?

ianhurley20 - 10/12/19 at 09:46 PM

Surprised no other suggestions - I used a pair of seats from the rear of a Renault Scenic Mk 2. I removed the runners and used the outer pair of seats, fitted perfectly and very comfortable. I know others have used the center seat on both sides as it is narrower but the outers will make a snug fit. Mine cost £15 for the three and I had a spare set in Alcantara leather which cost me just £10 (I gave these to another builder).

johnhsmith - 10/12/19 at 10:28 PM

I took mine from a Citroen C4 Picasso. Had to take all the runners etc off and weld solid with CBS seat runners, but a perfect fit.

John

falcor75 - 13/12/19 at 03:53 PM

The scappers here in sweden want like £100 or more per used seat so I might aswell spent a bit more and get new custom seats.
Still tricky to find ones the suit the width of the chassis.

ianhurley20 - 13/12/19 at 09:30 PM

I didn't go to any car dismantlers - I looked on places like ebay and gumtree and facebook as well as local adverts, I am sure something like that must exist in Sweden - perhaps there are autojumbles as well - and even car boot sales. Before I fitted the Scenic seats I actually bought a pair of fibreglass seats, the measurements looked fine, when they arrived I found that they slimmed down above the hips and I couldn't fit in them, eventually sold to another builder. I am 6' and 14 stone so perhaps above average but not exceptional. A friend and I have just built a Tiger Avon with a well known brand of fibreglass seats, he is 6'3" and weighs a bit less than me and they only just fit. They don't fit me well at all. The Scenic seats were brilliant and comfortable, don't know your size but most of the shell seats are for average or below sizes only.

ReMan - 14/12/19 at 10:51 AM

I’m intrigued as to why are you particularly important ones with a low back and removable headrest?

falcor75 - 14/12/19 at 12:03 PM

Because I dont want the seats to stick up over the side profile of the car. (not building a classic seven-body) but it would be nice to have them for longer drives.