Board logo

Scuttle and Dash
shortcircuit - 28/6/20 at 12:57 PM

Really struggling here as attempting to attach a picture but just bumbling about like Boris

I have uploaded to picture gallery but how to I attach it to my posting?

[Edited on 28/6/20 by shortcircuit]
[img][/img]

[Edited on 28/6/20 by shortcircuit]

40inches - 28/6/20 at 01:15 PM

Copy and paste the pg code above the photo

shortcircuit - 28/6/20 at 01:17 PM

Thanks I eventually got there. Still lost, will this strip meet IVA?

Deckman001 - 28/6/20 at 02:26 PM

The dash needs a radius edge at the bottom, not sure of the exsactly ratio but something like 20mm

Jason

shortcircuit - 28/6/20 at 02:51 PM

Thanks for reply. IVA "radius of curvature not less than 19mm or 5mm and be covered with a non-rigid material," I was hoping the trim would meet the 5mm requirements and was looking for any experience.

mackei23b - 29/6/20 at 01:08 PM

The IVA Manual IVA references a non rigid material:

" A "non-rigid material" is a material which has a hardness of less than 50 shore A. For the purposes of this examination it will be deemed to be a
material which is capable of depression under thumb pressure and when deformed retains a degree of protection against contact with any structure which it is covering and when released returns to its original form."

50 shore A is about equivalent of a rubber stamp - you can do a quick google to get other comparisons.

It's not to say it could not pass - but reading the description I's say the trim would not compress enough under a thumb pressure
Cheers

Ian

[Edited on 29/6/20 by mackei23b]

shortcircuit - 29/6/20 at 01:38 PM

Thanks very much for that informative reply. I am aware of other trims that may be suitable so will continue a search for a solution other than welding something on.

shortcircuit - 29/6/20 at 07:59 PM

How can I add a photo?

""Copy and paste the pg code above the photo""

Where do find that?

Deckman001 - 29/6/20 at 09:09 PM