Board logo

Steering Wheel Boss help!!
charlierevell - 23/1/08 at 08:58 PM

Hey all, just got a reallly nice sparco wheel but its a 3 bolt pattern. I have a 6 bolt hub.
When i bought the car it had an adapter to a 3 bolt karting pattern. (Home made)

Does anybody do a 6 bolt to 3 bolt adapter? I dont want to shell out for a QR boss if i can avoid it.

I need the 3 bolt section to be threaded for m4 bolts and the 6 bolt section to be plain. Do they exist? I can only find a 3 bolt to 6 bolt

My last option is to re drill the adapter i have and then thread it.

Mr Whippy - 23/1/08 at 09:01 PM

that would be my first option, its easy

charlierevell - 23/1/08 at 09:04 PM

Well it is my easy option but as its already drilled once i would like a neat and tidy finished job. ( Not very locost i no!)

TimC - 23/1/08 at 09:19 PM

Demon Theives

The Great Fandango - 23/1/08 at 09:34 PM

Talk about deja vu... This subject was partially tackled in this post:-

Previous Thread

Larkspeed sell a Momo apdapter which has plenty of potential to be lathed/drilled

Spa Design sell their own adapter which looks to be the better option... Product code QRA-103A

Spa Design 103A
Spa Design 103A

QRA-103A

[Edited on 23/1/08 by The Great Fandango]

charlierevell - 23/1/08 at 09:50 PM

Timc - Nice but pricey! (Cant choose 3 bolt on their list)

Fandango..., that would mean having to drill the wheel to m6 size and tap the boss.

Looks like no one does a simple adapter, how odd! i'll go get a 3.3mm bit and an M4 tap....
Think i'll make a template from card and try and line it up straight (er than before)

The Great Fandango - 23/1/08 at 09:55 PM

Spa Design have always been extremely accommodating.

Perhaps dropping them a call you could ask for the exact holes you need.

[Edited on 23/1/08 by The Great Fandango]

jkarran - 24/1/08 at 01:12 AM

quote:

My last option is to re drill the adapter i have and then thread it.

Surely that's the first option, it's a 10 minute job

charlierevell - 24/1/08 at 07:33 PM

Ok, so getting it all lined up was a lot easier than i first thought, i found a place that did the taps i needed and the bolts somewhere else.

Done and sorted, lets hope its straight!