Board logo

Windscreen for a GTS W7DE & buying advice
miles - 5/6/12 at 08:20 AM

Hi guys,

looking at a GTS W7DE later. Any ideas on anything I need to be looking out for in the build? Seems they are pretty rare.

The next question is did anyone ever find a full windscreen that fitted the W7DE? I would want a windscreen and it could alter my descision to buy as using a helmet for every run is not something I could do.

Thanks in advance locosters.

Ben_Copeland - 5/6/12 at 08:33 AM

The Gts wide is 2 inch wider than a Haynes roadster, which is 2 inch wider than a Locost etc.

Viento screen might fit as its quite wide, or a dax maybe.

big-vee-twin - 5/6/12 at 08:33 AM

I would imagine finding a GTS Panther in the wide version with a screen is going to be near on impossible as GTS don't sell screens for their cars.

Regarding quality of the actual car they are very good you will need to assess build quality when you see it, you will perhaps need to manufacture or modify a screen - one from a wide bodied seven to fit.

I managed to get a screen for mine but not from GTS a builder on here was selling it.

I only know of one, an orange one which was factory built.

austin man - 5/6/12 at 09:21 AM

Before you start your build just search the threads on here the screen would be the least of the problems to get hold of. It would appear best to buy a completed one that has been SVAd or IVA'd

miles - 5/6/12 at 09:49 AM

The one I am looking at is built. Sva'd. Just need a proper screen so I can take youngest daughter out in it too!

miles - 5/6/12 at 09:49 AM

The one I am looking at is built. Sva'd. Just need a proper screen so I can take youngest daughter out in it too!

Myke 2463 - 5/6/12 at 10:24 AM

(macspeedy) on here was making screens at one time, try him.

Do a search for screens post by flak monkey for pic's.

Macbeast - 5/6/12 at 04:47 PM

I got an excellent one from Mangogrooveworkshop on here but I think he may have stopped doing that kind of work. Worth a U2U to him though.

If it would be of any use to you. I could do you a template off mine.

<<<<<<<<<

[Edited on 5/6/12 by Macbeast]