Luego Velocity XT for sale
Description
Description

2.0 Vauxhall 16V Redtop engine
Suzuki GSXR throttle bodies
Megasquirt and spark ECU
Reconditioned Type-9 gearbox
Aluminium header tank
Heater (yes, I know it is unnecessary but it is lovely when it’s cold)
Compact Nippon alternator
Oil radiator
LSD (Sierra 4x4)
All round disk brakes
GAS adjustable shocks
Quick rack (2.9 I think, not the most rapid, the next level)
Description
Description

Black bodywork with aero bonnet catches and hinged nosecone for greater access.
Luego chrome grille
High quality brass lights finished in black at front and LED lights at rear.
SuperFlex Polyurethane suspension bushes (eliminates all squeaks and improved handling)
Team Direct Pro Race 1.2 wheels in black
Toyo R888 tyres in good condition
Willans harnesses
Momo steering wheel
Momo handbrake
Momo gear lever
Smiths gauges
Description
Description

Black Intatrim Voyager seats
Black roof which folds down and is stored behind the seats, works amazingly well.
Boot is panelled out in aluminium and has a tailor made cover.
Car comes with waterproof cover and carry bag.
The good stuff: The car is in excellent condition, looks great and is great to drive. I have used it for 5 or 6 years since building it and it has only once let me down (fan belt snapped, modified the bracket and nothing more since). I have driven it to France on several occasions and many a long trip in the UK without any issues. I have sprinted the car for two seasons and found the car to handle well and be faster than the Lotus Elise’ and that’s with me driving! The sprinting really made sure that I have everything right on the car so I am confident that any gremlins are taken care of. When I built the car I used a new clutch, since then I have had the gearbox rebuilt and replaced the CV joints. The drive train is quiet and solid. The engine has never missed a beat; it started today having been left since last July. Oil pressure is good and the car has never got over hot, even in the height of summer and London traffic.
The not so good stuff: On one of my trips to France I forgot, momentarily, what side of the road that I should be driving on and hit a French man. The result was some damage to the front driver side which required a new set of wishbones and a section of the chassis repaired. This meant that the car needed a complete strip down and in the eyes of the insurance company it wasn’t economically viable. So the car has a Cat D insurance write off on its record. I had the car repaired and then took it to Birmingham to let the ProComp team check its set up and dimensions, they checked everything and found the car to be straight and true.
So if you are looking for a good looking kit car for the summer and you fancy the odd sprint or track day then this is a great car. If you fancy flying down to Le Mans for the weekend then this is a great car. I am selling because I don’t use it any more and I am currently restoring an Austin Healey and I could use some money for parts for that. The usage is the main thing though, last year I took it to the kit car show at Stoneleigh and B&Q once, it is a waste as the car is crying out to be used.
I can’t remember the mileage but think it is around 5000 since I built it 5 or 6 years ago
I am looking for £4,150 for it.
Steve.lovelock@tiscali.co.uk
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Thanks for looking. If you have any questions then please contact me.
Steve

Bingham - 11/5/13 at 02:54 PM

U2Ued