Board logo

200bhp Redtop Stuart Taylor IRS - HUGE SPEC
Pat_T - 16/5/13 at 08:30 PM

I am considering selling my Seven as I feel as a project it is pretty much complete now and there is not a lot more I can add to it. The car is taxed (Oct '13) and MOT’d (May '14) and ready for the next owner to drive away and enjoy on road or track.

This car was built purely for speed and feel. If you are after leather piping or chrome gauges please look away now! There is nothing on the car that doesn’t contribute to the driving experience or reduce laptime. Components have been custom made where an item was not suitable or indeed ideal for the job.

The car was originally built to an extremely high standard by Nat (NS Dev) on here who as many of you know runs http://www.retropower.co.uk I bought the car from Nat in October 2011 in the condition below:
Description
Description

Since that time I have gradually tinkered with, fettled and adjusted what was already a very, very fast, capable, and well set up car. (I'm an Automotive Powertrain Design Engineer by trade)

The car wants for absolutely nothing at the moment although may be getting low on tyres by the time it comes to sell. In April 2012 in a rare moment of cosmetic indulgence I decided to wrap the car in professional automotive cast vinyl from Hexis. I am very proud of how the finish on the car has turned out. For an additional £250 and 10 days on the sale price/date I am prepared to wrap the car in any of the following colours for the new owner:

http://hexis.co.uk/Hexis/Colour_Cards.html#2

and so onto the spec of the car:

The car will not be available until 20th June at the earliest. Located LE10.

I would be looking for £7500 or very near offers on here. It would go on PistonHeads at £8k

Pat_T - 16/5/13 at 08:30 PM

Here are the pictures.
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description

Description
Description
(old 14" wheels) Description
Description
(new 13" wheels)
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description

Description
Description
Description
Description
copyright Motorsport in Focus
copyright Motorsport in Focus

Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description

As I said if you are looking for something comfortable and shiny, you wont like it.

If you are looking for a long-term project, you wont like it.
(the only mods she still deserves are a Quaife 6-speed sequential, a remap to 99RON, and the remaining GRP replacing with carbon fibre!)

However if you are interested in a bulletproof car, with incredible steering feel and brutal acceleration that you can use to remind you of the thrill of driving, scaring your mates witless, and being one of the fastest things around any given twisty track you will LOVE it (as I have).

thanks for reading
Pat

nick205 - 17/5/13 at 08:37 AM

Those wheels...I'm in love with those wheels

MakeEverything - 17/5/13 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205

I said exactly the same before scrolling down to see your post!!

PAUL FISHER - 17/5/13 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

I said exactly the same before scrolling down to see your post!!

Have I missed something?

daniel mason - 17/5/13 at 04:40 PM

did you get it sorted after mallory?
i was the one who never even got running in the fury, and was repairing a damaged ratchet strap in the rain when you went past!

brookie - 17/5/13 at 05:43 PM

am so tempted

Pat_T - 17/5/13 at 05:46 PM

hi Daniel, yeah fuel pump replaced now, I'm taking the car to Spa Francorchamps in a couple of weeks which is why it wont be available until end of June!

sorry for the poor quality/sh*t music!
Oulton park:

Rockingham:

[Edited on 17/5/13 by Pat_T]

PAUL FISHER - 17/5/13 at 05:55 PM

A real bargain for someone, with that spec and power, and those wheels its not going to hang around for long, good luck with the sale

Pat_T - 2/6/13 at 03:02 PM

my transporter will also be available from 20th June:
Description
Description
Description
Description

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=182251&page=1?#pid1534379

I would do a deal on the car and the transporter together for £8750! You could drive away the lot in one go as I would throw in all the necessary ramps & ratchet straps. This would be a turn-key package for trackdays or ideal for racing/hill climbing!

If i have no serious enquiries by the 20th the whole lot will go on ebay.

Jamwat - 21/6/13 at 09:26 AM

have you sold this now ?
cant see it on ebay

Pat_T - 21/6/13 at 11:40 AM

Hi Jamwat,
to be honest I had such a good time at Spa on Monday and the car performed so well I'm thinking I will probably keep it now!!
but drop me a U2U if you're seriously interested.

The van/transporter is still available and will be going back on ebay.

Jamwat - 21/6/13 at 12:54 PM

yeah interested.
You must be 100% sure you want to sell as I dont want to waste my time or yours.
I've got cash if you want it, if not enjoy your car.
I'll leave it to you to contact me.
ATB

yellowcab - 21/6/13 at 02:50 PM

Pat - I'm well chuffed you've decided to keep it... totally selfish of me - because I want it, just not yet lol

Pat_T - 21/6/13 at 03:47 PM

haha yeah I've decided I'm gonna keep it for at least another year, fancy trying to get hold of a sequential box for it next!

vid from Spa for those that are interested. more on my youtube channel

cheers

puma931 - 21/6/13 at 07:35 PM

Feeling car sick now! turn the camera around next time