Board logo

F1/single seater wheels BBS Magnesiam 13"
henryc - 17/1/15 at 09:02 AM

After making a bit of a cock up, I managed to unintentionally acquire some F1 wheels (voted plonker of the year by the wife), so looking to move these on and free up my garage space for my projects again....

Set of used BBS F1 wheels in magnesium alloy (unbelievably light as you'd expect), ideal for single seater project or properly daft road car consisting of:

2 x Front RE1460, 13" diameter, 305mm wide, 6 drive pegs on 100mm PCD
2 x Rear RE1278, 13" diameter, 345mm wide, 18 holes (to accept drive pegs from the hub) on 100mm PCD

All have been used and are in good condition. Any inspection welcome. They can be shipped worldwide or collection from near Huddersfield. NB These are not the usual F1 wheels available where they have been made unusable, these are completely intact with no visible signs of any damage.

Looking for £700 for the complete set, or will split for £180 per wheel for Locostbuilders members.

Can ship for £30 for the set (plus £25 insurance)/ £15 per wheel (plus £13 insurance), maybe cheaper, but this is using my usual courier who has been 100% reliable for me so far.

Pictures can be found in the following link:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/motorsport/parts-and-accessories/motorsport-parts/set-of-f1-bbs-magnesium-wheels-13-inch-centre-lock/3216396

snapper - 17/1/15 at 09:51 AM

Oooh they are proper nice

motorcycle_mayhem - 17/1/15 at 10:49 AM

U2U sent, asking for the backspace (or more essentially the physical distance between the inside rim edge and the mounting flange). Interest in the smaller pair of wheels only.

bi22le - 17/1/15 at 12:17 PM

Would be bonkers nice on a custom trike!

henryc - 17/1/15 at 12:20 PM

The narrower pair are 182mm from the inner rim to the mounting face, the wider are 163mm from the inner rim to the mounting face.

They are indeed rather nice, tempted to keep them all and decorate the house with them as tokens of Automotive Art (there's some impressive machining on the spokes of these), but my wife told me I was a fool (F1 wheel chandelier anybody?), so that's where the conversation ended. I have a second set if anybody is after 4 OFF the same wheel.

henryc - 8/2/15 at 08:45 PM

Now featuring on an auction website near you.....

BBS 13"' F1 single seater race car wheels hillclimb sprint magnesium centre lock

Still open to offers through Locost builders for pairs, etc. Have also found somewhere to buy appropriate tyres from if you need them.