Board logo

Locost 7 For Sale
Eggy - 8/2/15 at 01:52 PM

Update advert ready for the spring/ summer (IF it ever arrives??!!!)

Built to a very high standard by Keith (lukefab) from this very forum and is a credit to his workmanship.
I purchased the car directly from Keith in May this year with the intention of dropping in a bigger engine (currently 1300cc with 4 speed box) and using it as a summer toy next year.

However (as often the case) a change in family plans and direction means I won’t get the time to play with it, so I’ve decided to pass it on in the hope that someone else can get the use from it rather than leaving it in the garage promising myself I’d get to it at some point………

I’ve done a few mods and tidied a few bits, serviced and re-taxed it for another year. There’s an extensive build folder (supplied by Keith) with documentation showing the car in magazines and winning Newark 2001 car show.

The roof and doors are solid ally and make a really nice touch to complete the look of the car.

I’m not desperate to sell and it’s 100% brought and paid for so it’s a tough decision to move it on. I’d rather it went to a like minded enthusiast instead of going the eBay route so I thought I’d advertise it here first.

Taxed until Aug 2015 (not that it helps much now ), currently MOT’d until April 2015, it will be re-tested before the sale or by the expiry date.

£4500 ono.

I’ve loads of photos (I’ll update my archive too) and I’m willing to take more if there’s anything specific you’d like to see.

Located just north of Worthing West, Sussex.

Kev.

[img] 3
[/img]

[img] 1
[/img]

Eggy - 11/2/15 at 06:41 PM

Over 400 views and nothing??!

Pistonheads or Ebay??

joneh - 11/2/15 at 09:27 PM

It's a lovely finished example - most of us are car builders. Try Piston Heads or eBay but may be best to hold on to it 'till the sun arrives.

Eggy - 12/4/15 at 08:05 PM

Shameless bump :-)

Going for MOT on Friday

maccmike - 12/4/15 at 11:34 PM

Thats a grand more than lukefab put it up for.

Eggy - 13/4/15 at 12:08 PM

Regardless of what I paid for it and the circumstances of the sale, with the work I've done and the fact that it does state 'ONO' in the advert there's no reason for you to suspect that the seller wouldn't be up for a deal.

It's a cracking little car and I'd rather it stayed within the Locost family - rather than some numpty on Ebay etc.

I want it to go to a good home so I'm open to sensible offers around the £4000 mark

[Edited on 13/4/15 by Eggy]

Eggy - 13/4/15 at 12:20 PM

Update advert ready for the spring/ summer (IF it ever arrives??!!!)

Built to a very high standard by Keith (lukefab) from this very forum and is a credit to his workmanship.
I purchased the car directly from Keith in May this year with the intention of dropping in a bigger engine (currently 1300cc with 4 speed box) and using it as a summer toy next year.

However (as often the case) a change in family plans and direction means I won’t get the time to play with it, so I’ve decided to pass it on in the hope that someone else can get the use from it rather than leaving it in the garage promising myself I’d get to it at some point………

I’ve done a few mods and tidied a few bits, serviced and re-taxed it for another year. There’s an extensive build folder (supplied by Keith) with documentation showing the car in magazines and winning Newark 2001 car show.

The roof and doors are solid ally and make a really nice touch to complete the look of the car.

I’m not desperate to sell and it’s 100% brought and paid for so it’s a tough decision to move it on. I’d rather it went to a like minded enthusiast instead of going the eBay route so I thought I’d advertise it here first.

Taxed until Aug 2015 (not that it helps much now ), currently MOT’d until April 2015, it will be re-tested before the sale or by the expiry date.

£4000 ono.

I’ve loads of photos (I’ll update my archive too) and I’m willing to take more if there’s anything specific you’d like to see.

Located just north of Worthing West, Sussex.

Kev.

[img] 3
[/img]

[img] 1
[/img]

[Edited on 13/4/15 by Eggy]