Board logo

ZF limited slip diff- lsd unit only
danmalkin - 20/2/17 at 07:20 PM

For sale - Potentially pending confirmation of availability of replacement. Complete ZF mechanical Limited Slip Differential unit, stripped out of the casing at SPC (transport) and inspected/ great condition.

Diff is in road spec with 45 degree ramps. These are great bits of German engineering, Steve Perks can give chapter and verse on these. They are pretty much fit and forget.
Diff is with Steve Perks of SPC presently and he could build this into your casing.

Looking for £450

dan

sam919 - 22/2/17 at 10:13 PM

What was it out of? Spline size and numbers

Regards

danmalkin - 22/2/17 at 10:19 PM

Sam. It's out of my caterham.
It will, if I sell it and decide to go for the SPC own diff, be the lsd unit only. It will then need installing in the diff casing with the/your CWP.

In my hands it's done 1 season of sprints with L7 club and about 2000 road miles only. Diff is pretty much perfect with minimal/no wear.

I've sourced the 30degree ramps in Germany so may decide to rebuild with the more agressive ramps however that depends on availability and price of the SPC diff which is based on the ZF but improved by Steve.

sam919 - 22/2/17 at 10:52 PM

The splines are within the LSD, unless its all being stripped and splines left out, these need to match the new owners drive shafts. 16-18 etc. so if it was using the 7" ford diff, then it would be the tripod Sierra push in shafts ?. This is why I asked what it was out of.

danmalkin - 22/2/17 at 10:58 PM

Correct Sam.
Apologies for not providing info. I had never seen an LSD apart before taking it to SPC. It's out of a caterham, as noted and was bought from a member of the L7club by myself about 2 years ago as my car was running an open diff after selling the LSD it to fund racing.

sam919 - 22/2/17 at 11:40 PM

I'll check but I'm after english axle parameters which I think are 22t.

danmalkin - 22/2/17 at 11:43 PM

Sam. I don't think it would fit the live axle casings.

Plunky - 23/2/17 at 09:02 AM

Is this for the Atlas axle?
if so, it should be either 16t or 18t.
Can you confirm please? if it is, I am very interested.

danmalkin - 23/2/17 at 02:57 PM

Sorry gents. In light of how soon I need and cost - the man maths hasn't worked out so I will be keeping this diff and having it rebuilt with more aggressive ramps.