Board logo

Kitcar registered as ford 2 axle Q plate
wdavie - 14/1/18 at 06:56 PM

Hi I have a spartan kitcar that is registered as a Ford twin axle saloon, 1984/5 registered. It has all the bits to build it but currently only a following shell, no engine, registered as 2.0 litre pinto, however I also have an Essex V6 that came out of a transit that can be included, at extra cost, if you want. The car is Matt black as I was going with a rat look, it has bucket seats for front but no rear seat, basically it's a blank canvas to do with as you want, Q plate as well so no IVA issues. £450 for car and all parts and £300 for engine with LPG kit, I have a Borg warner auto box I'll throw in as well with engine but no garauntees that it will fit or work. Collection only from north east.

[Edited on 15/1/18 by wdavie]

[Edited on 15/1/18 by wdavie]

sam919 - 18/1/18 at 01:17 PM

Hi, Where in the North East? Regards

wdavie - 18/1/18 at 01:23 PM

Hi mate. In Gateshead near Newcastle

alfas - 18/1/18 at 05:12 PM

the car is a Spartan but registered as Ford on a Q-Plate--have i understood this correctly?

wdavie - 18/1/18 at 05:18 PM

That's correct mate.

wylliezx9r - 19/1/18 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alfas
the car is a Spartan but registered as Ford on a Q-Plate--have i understood this correctly?

It's legal and quite common for older kits to carry registrations like that.

wdavie - 19/1/18 at 04:04 PM

Concur with wyllieszx9r I also have another spartan and that's registered as Ford, body style Spartan so nothing suspicious about registration of car, often see older ones still registered as triumph heralds

wdavie - 22/1/18 at 02:33 PM

Just to clarify the V5 states on the special notes section "Kit built/converted - assembled from parts all of which may not be new"