Board logo

FS: 1.8 CVH Engine Package
mikeb - 17/10/18 at 09:22 AM

I'm due (hopefully over next week) to remove my engine from my roadster as now I'm IVA'd I'm going for the winter upgrade.
I need to free up some funds from this to help get the extra bits I need to get the zetec installed.

1.8 CVH - it had new valve stem oil seals and timing belt, its still nice and clean, unknown mileage, this passed my IVA in may and has only done 500 miles since. £150, from recollection is a 92 yr, I have the date letter from ford for the IVA test.

Zx6r carbs - this was my spare set, they are clean, drained of fuel and I blew jets out before storing them, probably need a rebuild kit, but might be fine as is. £100

Zx6r manifold for the CVH - this is home made from a cnc engine plate and blanks off the water outlet at the back of the engine. It will get you up and running. £60 (you will need new jubilees a hoses as I'm reusing the mounting parts)

Coil pack and HT leads and 400 mile old spark plugs. £20

It has a brand new sierra alternator and the mounting brackets. £40
It had a new waterpump.

The sump has been lowered.

It also has the quite rare thermostat housing on the back, so all thing for the coolant system are sorted. £30

Flywheel and clutch included. I've got a head gasket kit and head bolts.

This is a great package to get you up and running for minimal cost then do what I'm doing as its easy for a zetec swap post IVA.
I'd like it to go as one pack as everything is heavy so collection only - prices next to the items are rough ebay prices for each bit £400. If someone wants the whole pack you can have it for £280- you're basically getting the engine for free!

Collection nr Wellingborough Northants - I have a engine lift to get it out the garage - I'm off most of next week mon-fri if you wanted to collect it.

IMG_0598[ /url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/62740914@N04/]mjb22001, on Flickr

[Edited on 17/10/18 by mikeb]

scimjim - 17/10/18 at 07:40 PM

What does it drive like - internet lore suggests it has more torque than the 1600? Has it been dyno’d? (Power to weight championship, so real power’s quite important to me)

mikeb - 17/10/18 at 10:11 PM

This is really a pass IVA setup on the cheap, I think if you are after power then you may need to go 16v. It has low down torque though.

scimjim - 17/10/18 at 10:18 PM

Cheers. I’m not after massive power increase and zetec isn’t an original fitment, so changes the class.

mikeb - 18/10/18 at 12:03 PM

Being honest I'm not sure what increase you would get over a 1600. I didn't have it dyno'd as it was for IVA so all I wanted it to do was get through the IVA and give me a couple of months driving until winter upgrades.

Thanks

Mike