Board logo

Renault UN1 gearboxes
v8kid - 11/12/20 at 05:40 PM

Hi Chaps,

Continuing the Garage clearout I have a complete Renault UN1 gearbox of the type fitted to the Alpine. That is the CWP is inverted by the factory. For a middie, this means that the gearbox is run upside down lowering the C of G and giving good driveshaft alignment. Bought as a spare and never used.

I also have brand new a set of close ratio internals with stronger one-piece input shaft made I think by Quaife. The second gear has a chip due to clumsy handling on my part but I'm told ( I think it was Chris Cole it's so long ago I forget - can still remember his bloody cold workshop though).

In addition, I have a Quaife brand new diff. I think the last 2 bits are circa £2k each new and boxes go for £1k

Also, have various bits probably enough to assemble another box should you be so inclined.

I contacted a dealer who was keen but wanted me to arrange pallets etc which is OK but not at dealer prices I felt I was being taken advantage of.

As others on this forum will tell you I'm not greedy make me a reasonable offer and I'll ship it to you

Cheers

David