Hi,
I have a good old basic Dell Inspiron 1300 Windows XP laptop for sale

2.00ghz cpu 2gb ram 120gb HDD 14.1" screen

Owned by me from new , in laptop case it's ebay for £49.95 + £8.50 P/P

Could do someone a turn on here......or you can collect from Surrey RH13HH

Link To Dell For Sale

[Edited on 21/2/21 by Surrey Dave]

Deckman001 - 21/2/21 at 08:20 PM

Welcome back stranger, it's good to hear from you again.

Am not after a laptop, just thought I'd say hello

Jason

steve m - 21/2/21 at 09:16 PM

I bought my Garage Laptop of Dave, about 10 years ago!!

Its still going as well, and up to a few weeks ago, my Grandaughter was using it for school work,

Surrey Dave - 21/2/21 at 11:51 PM

Hello Guys,

Deckman , are you back building again?

Anyway I recently tried to find out what was happening with my Locost F607KGT, as it has not been mot'd in the last 6 yrs, so I wrote to the buyers address and have heard nothing back, perhaps it left the country, the buyer was never back on this forum after purchasing it.

I thought it may have fallen into disrepair and I could rescue it................any info gratefully received......

Deckman001 - 22/2/21 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Hello Guys,

Deckman , are you back building again?

Anyway I recently tried to find out what was happening with my Locost F607KGT, as it has not been mot'd in the last 6 yrs, so I wrote to the buyers address and have heard nothing back, perhaps it left the country, the buyer was never back on this forum after purchasing it.

I thought it may have fallen into disrepair and I could rescue it................any info gratefully received......

Hi Dave,

Yeah i managed to get my original locost back January 2020, it took me 6 months to be ready i thought for the test, but got quite a few fails, although those fails were great to see making the car safer. Am now almost ready for the re-test but covid has stopped my friend from finishing the last two bits before the test so I have to hope it'll be ready before the re-test last date in early April.
If you fancy a long read, check out my posts on the Project diary part of this forum.

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/66/viewthread.php?tid=215996

Jason

[Edited on 22/2/21 by Deckman001]

James - 23/2/21 at 05:28 PM

Hi Dave,

Long time no see!

Good to see you're still alive and kicking!

Hope all is well,
James

[Edited on 23/2/21 by James]

Surrey Dave - 23/2/21 at 09:50 PM

Hi James,

Deckman................I scanned through your loooong build thread.............should be ok with bike carbs!!!

I still think a Crossflow suits the design, quite small and light, deffo not Pinto!!!! ....too tall and heavy.....

I suppose people are using the little 3 cyl Fiesta engine now????, small light and quite powerful?

James - 2/3/21 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Hi James,

Deckman................I scanned through your loooong build thread.............should be ok with bike carbs!!!

I still think a Crossflow suits the design, quite small and light, deffo not Pinto!!!! ....too tall and heavy.....

I suppose people are using the little 3 cyl Fiesta engine now????, small light and quite powerful?

My other half has a Focus with the 3cyl turbo and it's a frikkin rocket ship!

I don't know what the car weighs but in terms of useable performance it's way more than you need for a family runabout. Only makes 45mpg compared to 56-60 in her previous diesel Fiesta but it's great.

Deckman001 - 2/3/21 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Hi James,

Cheers Dave, yeah I have finally managed to set up the bike carbs, they flew through the emissions test at the m.o.t. workshop so hopefully they will do the same during my retest :-)

Jason