Board logo

Sealed bid auction
omega 24 v6 - 28/7/08 at 08:20 PM

Well all you folk that said it would be a waste of time were wrong (ish) Wheel and column sold to madrally sport and no bids on the downlink at all. Given the amount of time and effort I was prepared to put into this (with U2U's etc) I am a bit disappointed with the level of interest but hey ho at least I tried. Perhaps no one wants these items anyway at the minute.
So everything else I have will go up soon on a first come first served basis.

Everything is in my photo archive under the for sale folder with some items showing a postage cost as well. Feel free to look and make an offer if you want. I'll make up a for sale post in due course.

marmot0 - 28/7/08 at 08:35 PM

Im interested in the sierra steering wheel Cheers

clockwork - 28/7/08 at 08:35 PM

It's your stuff, you can sell it how you like :-)

blakep82 - 28/7/08 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clockwork
It's your stuff, you can sell it how you like :-)

aye, fill yer boots

omega 24 v6 - 28/7/08 at 09:11 PM

Well blow me it's advertised as a sealed auction for 3 days and it sells. Now that it's sold I have 3 U2U's asking how much i want for it You all had the chance to bid but didn't want to????????? You missed the posts???? very prvelent posts for 3 or 4 days discussing this as well.

[Edited on 28/7/08 by omega 24 v6]

JoelP - 28/7/08 at 09:14 PM

blakep82 - 28/7/08 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Well blow me it's advertised as a sealed auction for 3 days and it sells. Now that it's sold I have 3 U2U's asking how much i want for it You all had the chance to bid but didn't want to????????? You missed the posts???? very prvelent posts for 3 or 4 days discussing this as well.

[Edited on 28/7/08 by omega 24 v6]

yeah... that'll happen...

trikerneil - 29/7/08 at 05:05 AM

B*gger! - Did I miss a steering wheel?

Neil

mr henderson - 29/7/08 at 08:16 AM

One of the biggest problems with a sealed bid auction is that the bidders cannot see what the others have bid.

I know that''s the point, but it also the weakness.

In a normal auction each bidder knows exactly how much he needs to bid in order to have the highest (and therefore winning) bid. He also knows that he may be outbid, but then he can make a decision on what to do about that if and when if happens.

With sealed bids his first bid is his only bid, and although one might think that he would therefore bid to his limit, in practice many people when entering an auction are looking for a bargain, and the whole point for them is to buy it for less then the value they put on it.

John

scootz - 29/7/08 at 08:53 AM

I think it's just the psychology of it all... I'm happy to buy something I need when it's advertised with a price, but I wouldn't entertain entering a 'sealed auction' for the same thing!

Can't explain why...