Board logo

How much to make this?
RichardK - 9/1/11 at 07:07 PM

Had a quote off a bloke on ebay for £19 posted, seems fair although hasn't replied back since I asked him how long it would take until I received it.

Seems good value but would rather give the coin to a lcb er if 1 could be knocked up, not bothered about the beads at the end as I'm quite happy with the results using the oyster tool. Needs to be in ali.

I do have the materials if required but just cant tig and dont know anybody that can, don't fancy the solder stuff. So could do all the cutting/drilling etc if somebody could join them together
Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 9/1/11 by RichardK]

[Edited on 9/1/11 by RichardK]

coozer - 9/1/11 at 07:12 PM

Happy new year Rich!

Time for me to buy a tig welder eh?

RichardK - 9/1/11 at 07:16 PM

Happy New Year to as well buddy, hope you're ok and look forward to catching up.

If you wouldn't mind splashing out on a tig set, a college course to learn how to use it (I don't want a shoddy job!) and give me a call, say end of next week OK that would be so cool.

Take it easy fella

Rich

MakeEverything - 9/1/11 at 07:27 PM

Make it yourself out of copper, and solder it.

RichardK - 9/1/11 at 07:30 PM

To buy the materials, reckon that would be close to £19 would you think?

Unless you've got some spare??

Cheers

R

MakeEverything - 9/1/11 at 07:39 PM

I did have the materials, but not any more (that i can find). If i find them ill see if i can knock something up but dont wait on me. It takes me an hour to get in the door of the garage, let alone find anything.

RichardK - 9/1/11 at 07:41 PM

OK thanks mate, my quest will continue in the meantime!

coozer - 9/1/11 at 07:48 PM

Just seen on the news you have had the new royal couple round for tea today.

I was talking to her uncle in the club just before xmas here but he didn't think he's going to get an invite, any chance???

RichardK - 9/1/11 at 07:50 PM

Really, can't have heard the bell, been in the garage all day, should ring before turning up, cheeky feckers..

RichardK - 9/1/11 at 08:07 PM

Think I maybe sorted, cheers Rich

RichardK - 10/1/11 at 07:07 PM

Not sorted after all, can anybody else help?

Cheers

Rich

2cv - 10/1/11 at 07:12 PM

quote; Had a quote off a bloke on ebay for £19 posted, seems fair although hasn't replied back since I asked him how long it would take until I received it.

There's a lot of work there apart from the materials. If it seems too good to be true.............

RichardK - 10/1/11 at 07:16 PM

Just welding two tubes onto another tube, as said before I'll be doing the swaging so not that much work, I dont think any way

Cheers

Rich

ahunt - 10/1/11 at 07:25 PM

Hellooooo

I can do it if you dont mind posting the bits to Devon?

Cheers Adam

RichardK - 10/1/11 at 09:00 PM

Cheers Adam, bits will be in the post tomorrow, I will also stick in a pre paid return envelope.

Thanks again

Also thanks to Danny who also offered to help but when looking didn't have the materials to help but I do appreciate the offer of help, cheers fellas.

Rich