Board logo

Engine wanted
kingster996 - 16/7/14 at 06:23 PM

I am at the stage of trying to find a suitable engine for my build and although the first choice is a 2.0 Duratec, I'm certainly open to offers in excess of 150bhp.

Ideally I would like an engine with all ancillaries, loom, ecu, injectors, manifolds etc - but again, open to offers, so please let me know what you have - as I have nowt other than a Type 9 box that I'd like to attach it to.

So, anything that will fit a type 9 (a bell housing will be a bonus) with between 150 and 200bhp would be considered. Exhaust exit irrelevant as the bodywork has yet to be fitted.

Happy to buy engine, then other bits or a complete package, but guess it's engine first, so I know which direction I am going in and so I can finally fit my fuel lines to the chassis!

I figure someone somewhere must be getting upgraditis and thus have a yearning to sell off their current pitiful set-up for a shiny new mega-bhp monster - if so, I'm here to take your cast-offs.

Only condition I guess is that it needs to be a 'proven' package - so if you have an old lump lying around that you have never heard run, sorry, but not interested.

Ideally, near to the North East would be nice, but could travel for a good un.

Cheers
Chris

kingster996 - 23/7/14 at 08:53 AM

Update

Just bought an ST170 engine - still need bits to make it work when mated to a type9 though.

kj - 23/7/14 at 02:16 PM

Give Coozer a shout he ran the same engine.