Board logo

Taydec Kit/Sports Cars
JacksAvon - 5/11/18 at 01:55 PM

Good afternoon collective brain of wisdom.

Anyone have any idea what happened to or who to contact re Taydec Kit/Sports cars please.

Many thanks
Jack

Sam_68 - 5/11/18 at 05:09 PM

Unless anyone else has more up-to-date information, Google suggests that it was last being offered by a company called Atlas (KLY) Ltd.

The company is showing as having been dissolved in 2016, but you could try contacting its Directors, who are listed on Companies House:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01304116/officers

[Edited on 5/11/18 by Sam_68]

nick205 - 5/11/18 at 05:18 PM

Jack

Have you got one and need spares/parts for it?

I don't have any, but if it's what you're after then other members on here may be able to help you.

JacksAvon - 5/11/18 at 05:35 PM

Thanks all,

I don't have one yet, but may do.

procomp - 6/11/18 at 02:54 PM

There was only 2 maybe 3 cars built by John.
Andy Hiley who is currently racing in sports specials and his brother have 2 off them one of which is the one your probably looking at thats for sale.
no idea where moulds went Etc but speak to Andy as he will have all the info youll need.

JacksAvon - 6/11/18 at 04:03 PM

Many thanks Matt.

I will give him a call

Gopherit - 7/12/18 at 01:49 PM

JacksAvon -
I have a Taydec chassis and body in part assembled form. I also have reasonably good knowledge of who did what, where and when, and also where the body moulds now reside - I will dig out all the information, but you can look at my Taydec - I was just about to part it out for sale as my other projects (Lotus 23 "copy" as raced by myself, just being tidied up for sale and a Lotus +2 fire damaged that I am restoring) are too time consuming to let me do anything with it.

The Taydec has a Honda Civic Type R engine sitting in it - was going to sell separately, hence taking a pic of it yesterday!

Will contribute more when I dig out the info!

Also tried to upload pic but all I get after many tries is "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1"!

Help!

Mike Wood - 29/1/22 at 06:32 AM

Hi

What happened to the Taydecs and a Lotus 23 clone mentioned here I wonder?

Cheers
Mike

Gopherit - 30/1/22 at 04:34 PM

I still have the Taydec tucked away as have been busy trying to rebuild our Elan +2, a long job. The 23 clone was sold a year ago to a chap who has sprinted it at Goodwood, but I think it's up for sale as he was a bit big for it.

John Suckling was the builder of Taydecs originally although IIRC Andy Hiley built his own chassis after the first one from JS.
Have got other bits of info about Taydecs in general tucked away if anyone's interested. There is another one that was raced in SRGT can't remember the chap's name at the moment but the car was sold to another SRGT member and I think is still around. Have the email address of his racing mate somewhere.