Board logo

Help with alloy wheel
macc man - 23/5/19 at 08:17 PM

I am looking for someone who might have a 13" ford 4 stud alloy wheel I could try on my axle.
I have converted from drums to discs using Sierra callipers. I have used a steel rim which gives little or no clearance to the calliper. I may have to use 14" wheels if no good. I live in Macclesfield Cheshire anyone anywhere nearby? Thanks in advance.

chillis - 23/5/19 at 09:33 PM

I believe the Sierra with rear discs only ever had 14 inch or larger wheels, both mine that had rear discs had 14s, that might be a clue as to the 13s not fitting, how does it look with a wheel spacer?

macc man - 23/5/19 at 09:51 PM

When used with a spacer there is more clearance but just want to try to see if possible with an alloy rim.

jps - 24/5/19 at 07:53 AM

Ford Ka's might have had 13" alloys? I think Sierras only had steel wheels in 13".

JimSpencer - 24/5/19 at 11:07 AM

Hi

I think I've got some minilight type, 4 stud, ford fit (108mm pcd) alloys in the garage loft.

I'm just south of Crewe, or if you can get out during the daytime, I work in Knypersley, and could sling one in the boot?

Shout if any good and i'll check that what I think I've got is actually there

jps - 24/5/19 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JimSpencer
Hi

I think I've got some minilight type, 4 stud, ford fit (108mm pcd) alloys in the garage loft.

I'm just south of Crewe, or if you can get out during the daytime, I work in Knypersley, and could sling one in the boot?

Shout if any good and i'll check that what I think I've got is actually there

If they fit - but Macc Man doesn't want them then I'm definitely interested in them!

macc man - 24/5/19 at 01:38 PM

A nice guy loaned me an old wolfrace wheel from the 70's and this fits with about 25mm clearance so hopefully a 13" minilight would also fit.
I am looking for a set of 13" x7"minilight or revolution alloys but need a large offset et-7 or larger. Seen some new ones on ebay but open to offers if anyone has a set they wish to sell on. Many thanks.

CRAIGR - 24/5/19 at 04:36 PM

Had 13” minilites / minators on my Westfield with Sierra discs and calipers .

1960dave - 26/5/19 at 01:55 PM

Are you sorted yet I have a 13" wheel you can try