Board logo

Sierra Cowl
001Ben - 12/1/22 at 01:15 PM

I've lost the top of my steering shroud somewhere on the a55 when I last used the car. I believe it's a Mk2 non adjustable sierra version.

Does anyone have one that I could purchase? or know where i can purchase one

Mr Whippy - 12/1/22 at 04:47 PM

ebay there are loads but the twats think they are made of gold. You could do what I did and design one on Tinker cad and 3d print it for about a £

[Edited on 12/1/22 by Mr Whippy]

gremlin1234 - 12/1/22 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
ebay there are loads but the twats think they are made of gold. You could do what I did and design one on Tinker cad and 3d print it for about a £

though I don't need it, could you make the cad file available? (please!)

mcerd1 - 12/1/22 at 05:56 PM

I might have a spare one - no idea which version it was or if its even in usable condition

but I can't get near it for a week or so to even check which bits I've got

as Mr Whippy says they are highly overrated parts - some of the things folk have come up with in the past to replace them are far nicer

some ideas here: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=48743

001Ben - 13/1/22 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
quote:

though I don't need it, could you make the cad file available? (please!)

This would be useful if you could share it. I do know someone with a 3d printer so its possible for me

001Ben - 13/1/22 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
I might have a spare one - no idea which version it was or if its even in usable condition

as Mr Whippy says they are highly overrated parts - some of the things folk have come up with in the past to replace them are far nicer

If you could check, then that would be great. I lost in October time so I've been without it for a while.

big_wasa - 13/1/22 at 08:12 PM

quote:

A bit strong, would you sell your house based on what it cost 40 years ago.

mcerd1 - 23/1/22 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 001Ben
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1

If you could check, then that would be great. I lost in October time so I've been without it for a while.

Finally got into the garage, but couldn't find any spare cowl tops sorry