Board logo

Electric Power Steering Kit
ChrisS - 13/1/10 at 10:14 AM

Hi

I have for sale a complete PAS conversion kit which would be ideal for a kit of any description. It is the Corsa B PAS Column and electronic module to control assistance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300386272586&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Hope this is of interest.

Chris

coozer - 13/1/10 at 10:17 AM

It is indeed, just for reference the column cost NSK £75 to make and sell to Opel....

We used to throw them away like confetti when there was a cosmetic blemish, wish I'd 'saved' some from the crusher!

Peteff - 13/1/10 at 10:28 AM

Does anyone do just the module to regulate the assistance for a Corsa C ?

smart51 - 13/1/10 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
the column cost NSK £75 to make and sell to Opel

But remember, they have a volume discount for 1,000,000 parts per year delivered in bulk to the same address. You couldn't reasonably expect to buy 1 piece for that price.

coozer - 13/1/10 at 10:33 AM

If only I still worked there I would (cough) gladly supply them for much less,,,

Mike S - 13/1/10 at 03:46 PM

Peteff

There is a guy that sells them on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORSA-RALLY-ELECTRIC-POWER-STEERING-CONTROL-CONTROLLER_W0QQitemZ180454010990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM ?hash=item2a03e5b06e

£30 plus postage.

Funny enough, bought one myself today and and got a Corse column with motor from someone else.

I want to try and fit power steering to my Porsche 924 which has really heavy non assisted steering.

Got the lot for £120 including shipping costs, so sorry ChrisS, I would say that your listing is a bit on the toppy side. No offence.

Mike

[Edited on 13/1/10 by Mike S]

MikeRJ - 13/1/10 at 04:16 PM

Just be aware of how much torque these columns can generate; they need to be attached to something really substantial to prevent flexing/cracking.

bitsilly - 13/1/10 at 07:39 PM

Have just ordered one! Thanks for the post.
As it happens, I fitted the system to my Cobra but the adjustment never made any real adjustment, so hope this helps.
paid a bl@~dy fortune for the electronics first time around. Better late than never.