Board logo

Halfords professional tool chests
Mr C - 21/12/11 at 08:24 PM

Currently on offer for £200 for the pair, though if you reserve or order on line total is £185.

linky

deltron63 - 21/12/11 at 08:54 PM

I went to buy them last saturday. long story short, they tried to sell me bent and damaged ones with no keys.
Be careful

T66 - 21/12/11 at 09:07 PM

Mine are about 2 years old now, and are still fine.

If you know anyone with an Halfords trade card, get them to buy it.

owelly - 21/12/11 at 09:28 PM

I have Halfords Industrial chest and roll cab. Bought as a promo several years ago and they've had some abuse without any complaints! I tried to use my trade card but the promo discount works differently for trade accounts. Some things can be sale items and then trade discount, others are either trade OR sale. Not both.
I've just bought a 3 tonne trolley jack from Halfords. £99 but with trade card, £79. Seems better quality than the equivalent Machine Mart and cheaper too.

T66 - 21/12/11 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I have Halfords Industrial chest and roll cab. Bought as a promo several years ago and they've had some abuse without any complaints! I tried to use my trade card but the promo discount works differently for trade accounts. Some things can be sale items and then trade discount, others are either trade OR sale. Not both.
I've just bought a 3 tonne trolley jack from Halfords. £99 but with trade card, £79. Seems better quality than the equivalent Machine Mart and cheaper too.

Talking of 3 tonne jacks - Costco do one for about £80, and its very low profile so slips under lowered cars no problem. Ive got one and its excellent.

indykid - 22/12/11 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly

You can still have it at trade price, but the trade discount is always on the full retail price. Sometimes trade is still cheaper than offer prices, but I just ask and then tell them I'll have it at retail if it's not cheaper.

I've got a halfords industrial roll cab from a few years back (about 7 years now in fact :s ), but with the ribbed handles. The quality dropped off when they changed to the smooth handles. Just FYI, I've just got a machine mart HD black and gold top chest and the quality is about the same as current halfords industrial stuff. They're probably all from the same manufacturer. The fittings look identical.