Board logo

Curious mid engine chassis on ebay
dickie b - 24/11/15 at 08:59 PM

NTDWM - See item number 331715939381 'kit car unfineshed project'

(Sorry cant do the linky thing - if anyone can oblige ?)

Does anyone recognise the chassis? Pinto mated to a vw transaxle.

Looks sound enough and a good basis for a project, but price seems rather optimistic IMHO

YODI - 24/11/15 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dickie b
NTDWM - See item number 331715939381 'kit car unfineshed project'

(Sorry cant do the linky thing - if anyone can oblige ?)

Does anyone recognise the chassis? Pinto mated to a vw transaxle.

Looks sound enough and a good basis for a project, but price seems rather optimistic IMHO

kit car, unfineshed project, 2.0 ford pinto vw gear box

dickie b - 24/11/15 at 09:27 PM

Yup that's the one - thanks for posting the link.

I reckon might be a chassis for a Lotus 23 replica- there have been a good few over the years.

YODI - 24/11/15 at 09:32 PM

No worries, I have no idea what it is though, the whole lot just looks wrong to me.

mark chandler - 24/11/15 at 09:32 PM

Looks like an Audi box to me, expensive IMHO

jeffw - 24/11/15 at 10:07 PM

I was going to say Lotus 23 when I looked at the pictures.

SJ - 24/11/15 at 10:09 PM

Curious chassis, even more curious spelling:
This is as you can see an unfineshed kit car project

We belive it to be a alva replica chassis but we cant be shore, its the closest we have got to identafing it.
CHASSIS
tubeler chassis is in fair condition has some serfice rust
possable ford suspention parts

ENGINE
2.0 pinto soc
convertion plat to take vw geargox
dry sump

GEARBOX
vw betle gear box converted to sit at the rear of the car alowing a mid engine configeration

open to offers
cash on colection
call Peter 01865880028 for more information

Toys2 - 24/11/15 at 11:38 PM

I saw that and my first reaction was that it looked like a 23, but I don't recognise it as one of the well known kits

I don't think that it's a Noble/Auriga/Mamba as these had cast alloy rear uprights, ally paneling and fibreglass side pods

I may be wrong but didn't the Xanthos have a round tube chassis

There was another "Martyni?" but wasn't that a folded steel monocoque ?

There was a "Sutol 23" too, but I can't say I've ever seen one

I've got an Auriga 23 part built awaiting my attention, it's literally strapped on it's side against my garage wall to make way for my striker rebuild!

[Edited on 24/11/15 by Toys2]

liam.mccaffrey - 25/11/15 at 08:44 AM

Can I be cheeky please, I'm in work and can't go on evilbay, if someone could post a picture on here I would be eternally grateful

Sam_68 - 25/11/15 at 09:25 AM

liam.mccaffrey - 25/11/15 at 12:25 PM

cheers Sam, much appreciated

loggyboy - 25/11/15 at 12:37 PM

Worth its weight in scrap....

ArthurR - 25/11/15 at 12:43 PM

Just like everything else, the price of rust is going up

redturner - 25/11/15 at 06:20 PM

Certainly more Elva Courier than a 23b replica. Pity there isnt any bodywork which might indicate where the sticky out bits were. There was an Elva Porsche chassis being hawked about some time ago.....

minibull - 26/11/15 at 01:54 AM

I looked at that. It isn't identical to any lotus replica chassis that I'm aware of, nor any Elva though probably closer to Mk6 than anything else. Definatly not Courier as that's front engine. I suspect it's a one off for some sports race car. If it was cheaper (and I'd some money ) I'd be interested. I fancy building Elva mk6 replica at some point and that would be a good basis.

[Edited on 26/11/15 by minibull]

redturner - 26/11/15 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by minibull
I looked at that. It isn't identical to any lotus replica chassis that I'm aware of, nor any Elva though probably closer to Mk6 than anything else. Definatly not Courier as that's front engine. I suspect it's a one off for some sports race car. If it was cheaper (and I'd some money ) I'd be interested. I fancy building Elva mk6 replica at some point and that would be a good basis.

[Edited on 26/11/15 by minibull]

Quite right I should have said anything after Mk 4, BMW rear engined cars etc, and the VW gearbox wouldnt be out of the way as they were used in the 200 Formula Juniors. The Elva Porsche of course used their own gearbox.....